No announcement yet.

Can not copy Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I copied the main movie on Salt, watch out for this, DVD Fab picked the wrong one, it didn't copy the prologue part of the movie. Then I used file 14 plus I used version 8.0.5.6 and both worked fine.

Comment

I did a full disk copy using the newest version of DVDFab, and had absolutely no problems.

Comment

Re: SALT

There are at least two R1 versions of this, the "Theatrical Edition" and the "Deluxe Unrated Edition". The registered (paid) version of DVDFab v8.0.6.1 can copy both of these and correctly identifies the Main Movie on both versions (Title 14 on the "Theatrical" and Title 1 on the "Deluxe Unrated").

The Title numbers and play times for the Deluxe Unrated disc are:
        Theatrical version->Title 1 1:40:01
        Unrated Director's Cut->Title 2 1:44:06
        Unrated Extended Cut->Title 3 1:41:04
        All three versions of the movie play correctly from a Full Disc backup copy in the spots I checked.

PathPlayer takes longer than normal to open either of these discs, but it will read them correctly if you have it set to Always Enable.

If you have problems with a different version of the disc, please identify it in your post and, if it will open, click the Send Info Files button. If you are using an older version of DVDFab, please update to v8.0.6.1.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
          There are two diferent dvds in USA. One dvd has theathrical version, and the other disc has the extended and director's cut version. DVdfab select and copy the incorrect titleset. This is the same problem that Twilight 3, but they had not fixed it yet.
          Not according to TMT5, see my post below/above.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            I bought the cheap DVD but also got the Blu-ray, which has all the features. The Theatrical copies with no problem with v8.0.6.1, chooses title 14, which is correct for this disc.
            I just did the same thing and it worked FINE. Using 8.0.6.1 Main movie, clicked on Title 14, unclicked all foreign languages and used DVD5 from the quality drop down and it worked fine with no errors whatsoever. I then checked the movie on my tv and it played the entire thing.

Comment

worked perfectly for me try putting the disk in your lower drive and copy the movie to desktop then burn to dvd see if that helps i have that issue sometimes and that fixes it

Comment

SALT problem too.

Just tried backing up SALT using 8.0.6.1.
                The process seems different now....copying the MAIN movie seems to be OK....but does not automatically burn to disc. A box may pop up asking me which program I wanted to use to burn to disc....DVDFAB was NOT one of the choices. After the copy process says that it was completed successfully, I believe that I have to click on FINISH ( I don't remember doing this before )....it ususally goes right to the burn process. Also, the Main movie folder has audio_TS & video_TS.....when I click on either one, they're EMPTY ??? AHHH sheeeet !!!!

Comment

I backed up Salt yesterday using 8060 full disk without any problems at all. Included all 3 movie choices.
                  Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

Originally posted by yeeman View Post
                    Just tried backing up SALT using 8.0.6.1.
                    The process seems different now....copying the MAIN movie seems to be OK....but does not automatically burn to disc. A box may pop up asking me which program I wanted to use to burn to disc....DVDFAB was NOT one of the choices. After the copy process says that it was completed successfully, I believe that I have to click on FINISH ( I don't remember doing this before )....it ususally goes right to the burn process. Also, the Main movie folder has audio_TS & video_TS.....when I click on either one, they're EMPTY ??? AHHH sheeeet !!!!
                    Is this using the paid or free version of Fab??? Were you using the trial and it expired??? Please give this a read through if using the free version
                    If paid you may Open Fab Click the ? click about what does it say under the options you purchased.
                    CBR929
                    Last edited by CBR929; 12-22-2010, 11:06 PM. Reason: text
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have paid version. 8.0.6.1 also the ripper. Still no go here.

Comment

No go on Salt here as well

I have 8.0.6.1 and it has major problems even reading the disk, and when it does, it locks up about half way through copying it. It starts getting read errors over and over. And yes, I have the paid version and I've been using it for a few years now. FWIW, I have the theatrical release version of Salt. I've tried the full movie and 2 different titles in "main movie only" and it still does the same thing. I've even looked at the disc and it appears pristine.

Comment

Unless there is a third version of this disc with different authoring, you have some other problem on your system or a bad disc. If you are in Region 1 (US) all available versions have been tested and work fine. Please make sure you have PathPlayer in the "Always Enable" mode. Please post the Info files and DVDFab logs.

Comment

It finally worked

On probably about the 8th try, the back-up says it successfully processed. I haven't watched the back-up yet to see if it does indeed work properly and I did nothing different other than removing and reinserting the disk yet again.

Comment

Dust/dirt in drive, especially on the optical elements, can cause problems like this.

Comment

Just failed again....

Just for the heck of it, I tried it once more and it started back up with the error messages. How do I send the info and DVDFab logs?

Comment

Working...
                                X