Unable to convert from DVD9 to DVD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to convert from DVD9 to DVD5

I have realized a problem with the last few releases of DVDFab, that used to be no problem whatsoever. When I started using DVDFab, about 4 years ago, my primary burns were from DVD-9 images to DVD-5 single layer disks. As of late whenever I attempt to do this I am informed that I need to use a double layer disk. It doe not seem to matter if it is a full-disk copy or just the main movie, it will not let me use anything but double layer DVD-9 disks.

I have a ton of DVD-5 disks laying around that I would like to use for smaller burns, but it appears that this function has disappeared from DVDFab. If anyone has a solution, it would be welcome.

Originally posted by Th3Sp33dMan View Post
    I have realized a problem with the last few releases of DVDFab, that used to be no problem whatsoever. When I started using DVDFab, about 4 years ago, my primary burns were from DVD-9 images to DVD-5 single layer disks. As of late whenever I attempt to do this I am informed that I need to use a double layer disk. It doe not seem to matter if it is a full-disk copy or just the main movie, it will not let me use anything but double layer DVD-9 disks.

I have a ton of DVD-5 disks laying around that I would like to use for smaller burns, but it appears that this function has disappeared from DVDFab. If anyone has a solution, it would be welcome.

The easiest way of handling this is to do the following:

1.) Run Fab (no disc in drive) and go to Common Settings (white check mark in green disc, near top of Fab program Window)

2.) Click on DVD/BluRay Write option, go to DVD5 size, and set size (4300 for Memorex, Ritek, etc)... 4430 for good media (Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, etc.)

3.) Click on DVD Copy option and make sure it's set for DVD5.

Exit Fab, then try another film, and have your S/L discs ready.

DC

Comment

You must have the paid version of DVDFab, the free version will not compress the files. If you are a registered user with a paid license, check to see if your options are registered correctly by clicking on the "?" in the upper right corner and selecting "About" from the menu. It will show you a list of the registered options.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
        The easiest way of handling this is to do the following:

1.) Run Fab (no disc in drive) and go to Common Settings (white check mark in green disc, near top of Fab program Window)

2.) Click on DVD/BluRay Write option, go to DVD5 size, and set size (4300 for Memorex, Ritek, etc)... 4430 for good media (Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, etc.)

3.) Click on DVD Copy option and make sure it's set for DVD5.

Exit Fab, then try another film, and have your S/L discs ready.

DC

That seemed to fix it... kinda strange that lowering my burn size would make it work... but it did. Thanks DC

Comment

Originally posted by Th3Sp33dMan View Post
          That seemed to fix it... kinda strange that lowering my burn size would make it work... but it did. Thanks DC

Not strange if the media you are using isn't top quality... the closer you get to the outside of the DVD, the thinner and more spotty the coating is (and that many fewer sectors to write on).

Fortunately, your problem was easy to figure out.

You're welcome... and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

DC

Comment

Working...
          X