VOB length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOB length

I used 8.0.6.6 to rip a PAL compilation dvd, with the intent to reassemble and convert to NTSC with Windows DVD Maker. However, two of the VTS files created by DVDFab state they are over 26 hours in length, instead of 26 minutes. Consequently, DVD Maker says there is too much data for a DVD9 disc, and won't burn.

How do I change/edit the time to reflect the correct length? Can I do that in DVDFab, or what?

Thanks in advance.

John
    Last edited by JSchroder; 01-02-2011, 11:10 PM.

Originally posted by JSchroder View Post
    I used 8.0.6.6 to rip a PAL compilation dvd, with the intent to reassemble and convert to NTSC with Windows DVD Maker. However, two of the VTS files created by DVDFab state they are over 26 hours in length, instead of 26 minutes. Consequently, DVD Maker says there is too much data for a DVD9 disc, and won't burn.

How do I change/edit the time to reflect the correct length? Can I do that in DVDFab, or what?

Thanks in advance.

John

DVDFab can't do that... what we need to find out is why the time values from the original rip are incorrect.

If you have the original burn log from that particular rip, it may shed some light on the problem (don't be confused by the title 'Burn Log'... at also logs all of the rip process, too)...

Seeing it may help us focus our attention on the problem area... please include it in your next post.

DC

Comment

Hi, JSchroder

Please attache internal log, link to:C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Thanks.

Comment

Please post the internal log from this rip.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, I get the same result with 8.0.6.8, two of the VTS files say they are 25 and 26 hours long, which they clearly are not. Here's the internal log of the rip:

DVDFab 8.0.6.8 (2011/01/08 10:48:40)

0m 00.54s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 12.12s: detected dvd
          0m 12.21s: drive E
          0m 12.21s: dvd type 1
          0m 12.21s: volume label LAUREL_AND_HARDY_VOL_01
          0m 12.96s: got copyright 1 f5
          0m 15.33s: got udf/iso
          0m 16.34s: got discinfo
          0m 16.34s: pathplayer enabled
          0m 32.41s: got dvdinfo
          0m 32.58s: opened dvd

Comment

PathPlayer is enabled, try disabling it and give it a try. They don't often use structural protections on these older remastered movies.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X