DVD Ripper - File(s) To Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper - File(s) To Select

When using the DVD Ripper option, there are multiple files listed. How do I know what file to select, or do I select all files?

Thanks.

srm

Hi srm,

Please upgrade to the latest version 8.0.6.8 of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

After you choose a title, you can preview it in the preview window to find out if this is the one you need, you can also click on "Edit" near the bottom of DVDFab screen to edit the output result, then start to convert.

Regards,

mona

Comment

I did upgrade to the latest version. Thank you.

I know I can select the one I need, however, that is my question. How do I know what is the one I need? There are multiple chapters. I'm assuming that I am supposed to use the one that is the largest size to get the entire movie. However, there are a few files all around for example 1:40:23 and maybe another 1:42:56 (these are just examples).

If I want to rip the movie to my iPhone, which one do I use? Do I always use the largest file to get the entire movie?

Shawn

Comment

Playback the DVD in windows or on a DVD player. When the movie is playing (regular or director's cut) then note the DVD title number being played. This will be the one you want in DVDFab. If there are similar title numbers with "(1)" and "(2)" next to them then this indicates multiple point-of-view are available and usually the "(1)" is what you want.

Comment

You can also use the DVDFab preview window to play the titles. With modern DVDs, you will often find that the different angles have opening titles and closing credits in a different language.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you. I'm new to this so when you note differnet angles, titles, etc. I'm not familar with all these options. I'm assuming you mean if I want the entire movie, preview the ones that are the largest size, preview it, and select the one I want as some may be in other languages.

Comment

Yes, basically. The different titles that are the same or close to the same length are usually either a form of copy protection or slightly different versions of the movie (theatrical/director's cut/extended version etc.) The angle numbers are shown in parenthesis and are most often different versions of the same movie, e.g. the theatrical version with printed/text items in different languages or the theatrical versiion with different interactive/special features incorporated. Most DVDs don't contain angles.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you very much. That explanation was very helpful. Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
                X