This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab very slow to launch

I'm still in my 30 day trial of the 6.1.2.5 software. I have little doubt I will purchase a "DVD to DVD" license before it expires. There is one thing that bothers me though and that is the excessively long time it takes the software to launch. When I click on the icon it takes 30-45 sec before the first screen comes up. There is little disk activity after a couple seconds but Task Manager shows the DVDFab process to consume 100% of the CPU cycles during this long startup. After the initial screen loads the program is responsive and additional instances of DVDFab load relatively quickly. I really don't have any other applications that are this slow to launch.

Is this long launch time typical?
    Is it an affectation of the unlicensed trialware or freeware version?
    Does purchasing a license speed up the launch?

No DVD in a drive when launching;
    running Win-XP SP-3, 2.6GHz P4, 1.5GB RAM, lots and lots of disk space.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

I'm pretty sure what you're describing is a result of PathPalyer.
    This is one of the downsides of "always enabled", but I choose "always" as my default despite the load time.

Try it with PP "disabled".
    My bet is that it will fire up a disc in 5 seconds or so.

//Edit
    Sorry, I forgot to answer your other questions.
    There is absolutely no difference between the trial version and the retail version...one in the same with full functionality.
    The 30-day trial merely ceases to function if not purchased.
    It should revert to the freeware app at this point
    Last edited by maineman; 11-05-2009, 06:02 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

With no disc in my optical drive, DVDFab launches and the UI appears in 7 seconds (when opening in Customize mode of DVD to DVD, prefetch disabled). I have no idea if running as a trial may slow it down, but 30-45 seconds sounds excessive.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

it takes about 20 seconds before DVDFab will launch on my computer and it started to happen a few updates ago. I do not remember which update or how long ago but it just does not bother me with that. As long as DVDFab does what it is supposed to do I do not care how long it takes to start

Comment

Working...
        X