Version 8.0.6.8 does not work for me at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 8.0.6.8 does not work for me at all

I hope I'm posting this to the correct place. I've been using Ver. 8.0.4.0 for some time with no problems. I originally started with Ver. 5.0 but have always upgraded when I received a dialog box saying a new version is available. About a week ago I got a box saying Ver. 8.0.6.8 was available so I downloaded and installed it. It doesn't work for me. I ruined three discs trying to use it. I knew something was wrong when it did the copy process in about 5 seconds. Then, it immediately started finalizing without even doing a "write". After the third disc was ruined, I uninstalled 8.0.6.8 and reinstalled 8.0.4.0 and everything was fine. Any ideas as to what's going on? I only use the DVD to DVD process, not Blu-Ray. I started with DVDFab 5.0 and every upgrade has worked flawlessly until this one.
    Thanks
    Ken
    Last edited by kenlynne; 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM.

Duplicate post has been deleted.
    Do not double post.

This post moved to its own thread.

Comment

Hi, kenlynne

Please post internal log, link to: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

More info more help.

Thanks.

Comment

Log post

I hope I have posted what you need. I only copied the portion that had to do with Ver. 8.0.6.8 since all of the others in the Internal Log had to do with Ver. 8.0.4.0 at earlier dates.

DVDFab 8.0.6.8 (2011/01/11 15:50:52)

0m 01.81s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 07.84s: detected dvd
        0m 07.84s: drive D
        0m 07.84s: dvd type 0
        0m 07.84s: volume label
        0m 19.00s: detected dvd
        0m 19.04s: drive F
        0m 19.04s: dvd type 1
        0m 19.04s: volume label NCIS_S7_D5
        0m 20.20s: got copyright 1 fe
        0m 20.81s: got udf/iso
        0m 21.68s: got discinfo
        0m 21.70s: pathplayer enabled
        0m 26.71s: got dvdinfo
        0m 27.42s: opened dvd

DVDFab 8.0.6.8 (2011/01/11 15:54:17)

0m 01.32s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 24.57s: detected dvd
        0m 24.65s: drive D
        0m 24.65s: dvd type 1
        0m 24.65s: volume label NCIS_S7_D5
        0m 25.04s: detected dvd
        0m 25.09s: drive F
        0m 25.09s: dvd type 1
        0m 25.09s: volume label NCIS_S7_D5
        0m 25.35s: detected dvd
        0m 25.43s: drive D
        0m 25.43s: dvd type 1
        0m 25.43s: volume label NCIS_S7_D5
        0m 25.95s: got copyright 1 fe
        0m 26.57s: got udf/iso
        0m 27.28s: got discinfo
        0m 27.28s: pathplayer enabled
        0m 27.62s: got dvdinfo
        0m 27.62s: opened dvd
        1m 29.81s: detected dvd
        1m 29.81s: drive D
        1m 29.81s: dvd type 0
        1m 29.81s: volume label
        30m 55.81s: detected dvd
        30m 55.85s: drive D
        30m 55.85s: dvd type 1
        30m 55.85s: volume label NCIS_S7_D5
        30m 56.87s: css adjustment
        30m 57.07s: css adjustment
        30m 57.29s: css adjustment
        30m 57.50s: css adjustment
        30m 57.70s: got copyright 0 0
        30m 58.18s: got udf/iso
        30m 58.75s: got discinfo
        30m 58.75s: pathplayer enabled
        30m 59.07s: got dvdinfo
        30m 59.10s: opened dvd

Thanks for your help.
        kenlynne

Comment

The "css adjustment" error generally means a problem with your optical drive. Please try a different drive.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'll just stick with Ver. 8.0.4.0

Thank you for the feedback but I did try the latest version in two different drives and it didn't work in either one. Once I reinstalled 8.0.4.0 I had no problems at all so I'll just use it and forget 8.0.6.8. I do appreciate the attempt at helping me though. It's just one of those very weird things.

Comment

It is a very unusual error. Try the newer beta version (8.0.7.0).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi kenlynne
                Open Fab click the ? click About what does it say under the options that you have purchased?
                Your logs indicate that you are not registered correctly or if you were using the trial and or a bought license it has expired.

CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Response to CBR929

Thanks for your input. It's appreciated. I checked my Ver. 8040 and what it indicates is that my license never expires on DVD copy or on HD Decrypter. All of the ones between those two just say "NEVER USED". I understand that as I do not use Blu-Ray at all. I did have to get a new registration number over a year ago but I had no problem doing that and, as I mentioned, I've NEVER had a problem before. Guess I'll just strike it up to "one of those things". I do have to admit that it's weird my log indicates I am not properly registered. I find that really strange.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenlynne View Post
                    Thanks for your input. It's appreciated. I checked my Ver. 8040 and what it indicates is that my license never expires on DVD copy or on HD Decrypter. All of the ones between those two just say "NEVER USED". I understand that as I do not use Blu-Ray at all. I did have to get a new registration number over a year ago but I had no problem doing that and, as I mentioned, I've NEVER had a problem before. Guess I'll just strike it up to "one of those things". I do have to admit that it's weird my log indicates I am not properly registered. I find that really strange.

Ken
                    Hi kenlynne
                    The reason I wanted you to check if you were registered is that, Version 8.0.6.8 indicates that you are not.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think I see what you are saying.

When I upgraded to 8068, I did not enter my registration number. I assumed the program, being an upgrade, had found my registration number and I did not need to enter it again. I may try to do the upgrade again and, this time, I'll go ahead and re-enter my registration number; then give it another try. Thanks so much for all of your time. Hope I haven't consumed too much of it. Ken

Comment

Working...
                      X