Some Discs Not Copying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Discs Not Copying

I have encountered an interesting issue with several workout videos that I am trying to make backups of. The two (so far) are the 15 Minute Workout for Dummies, and Tae Bo: Postnatal Power Workout.

When I load the DVD and the blank, everything runs fine; however, the screen indicates that it will be a 100% copy, 43MB. These videos are over 1 hour long.

I went ahead and burned both, all that transfers is the warnings and the menus. if you click on a menu item, the screen will change to black, and then return to the menu screen after about 4 or 5 seconds.

Any suggestions?? It seems to work fine on everything else so far, I don't know if my computer is just telling me not to work out or what! But I would really like to make a backup of these, just in case!

many thanks in advance!
    Tom

It's probably the way these dvds are authored....ie., not the typical, dvd video structure.

You might want to give DVDFab passkey a shot. It just might "see" the entire dvd.
    If it doesn't open correctly within Fab DVD Copy, then try Passkey with Img in build mode.
    If still no dice, I'll bet these will copy with old, reliable dvd decrypter
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi tommc4
      You may not be able to do what you want because of the way the DVDs are authored but, you may try to disable Path Player and try that way, to do this, Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
      CBR929

I'm getting slow didn't see you my friend
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Got It!

I started thinking, these are old DVDs, so I pulled out a copy of DVDecrypter. I was able to make copies, no problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I just need to keep the old stuff around as well. The One program does everything concept just never seems to work for me, darn it!

Comment

They should work if you disable PathPlayer as suggested. Did you try that?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X