Cars DVD sound and skipping issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars DVD sound and skipping issues

I converted my Cars DVD into an iso file. When playing it back there are a couple of places where the movie skips forward a few seconds, and the sound cuts out for a moment.

The DVD is fine. Other DVD iso images work properly.

Any suggestions?

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

1) There were no errors or error codes while copying the DVD. All issues were discovered during playback.
      2) I've attached all requested files.
      3) This is the only disc I've noticed this for so far.
      4) I've also attached the output from MSInfo32 which contains the additional information.
      Attached Files

Comment

If you play the ISO in your computer - skips it then also?

Comment

AGJ:
          If I view this with either my Dune B1 or using VLC, I see the the same issue at roughly the same time, although it doesn't skip with VLC, it just shows the same picture on the screen and no sound, until it starts again.

Gummigutta:
          - I tried again with PathPlayer disabled - same issue.
          - I tried copying the whole disc (PathPlayer enabled again), instead of just the main movie - The part of the movie where I had the issue before seems to be ok now. Not sure if the whole image is ok. Will have to watch the whole thing later, although I'd rather just rip the main movie.

Comment

could be layer break issue when compressing whole dvd to iso. maybe try with no compression to see if that works

Comment

dvdphantom:
              Not sure what you mean. The DVD is mpeg2. I'm just rewriting the main movie to an iso. There should be no compression.

Comment

Hi, sieroka

1. I try to copy this main movie to iso with dVd9 that was no compression, and no problem.

2. Please tell us the time point that has problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi katiekim,

1. There are no errors when I copy the main movie to iso with dvd9. The problem is during playback. This is the widescreen region 1 version of the DVD from 2006, in case that matters.

2. To try something different, I just mounted the .iso and played VTS_01_4.VOB with VLC.

- The problem occurs at around 9:58 of that file. The song 'Your Town'(?) is playing at the point where there are a lot cars heading towards the screen on the interstate, then the sign saying 'Welcome Interstate Travellers, the problem occurs just as it fades to the map of the interstate.

- It also happens after Lightning sees Doc race around the corner. He chases him back to town at 12:32, and just after the tractors that are blocking his path end and he turns the corner, the issue happens again.

When I watch the .iso with a different player, it seems to happen at a slightly different time, but it always happens during that 'Your Town' song. If I watch it from the 'Wheel Well Motel' scene to the end of the 'Your Town' song it always happens, regardless of player or whether I read the .iso or the .vob files. I'll try to copying just the .vob files (not .iso) from the DVD, to see if it's an issue with the .iso creation. Not likely, but I'll try it anyway.

Comment

Same problem when I just copy the DVD to a folder to get the .vob files.

Comment

Hi, sieroka

1. I check my dvd, that is ok.
                      2. Please check the origin dvd if there is this problem, because mainmovie dvd9 just copy the origin media file.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I tried the DVD in my PS3, and it played without any issues. There are some minor surface scratches on the DVD, so maybe the DVD reader in my computer has an issue with it. If that's the case, would/should I get an error during the reading of the DVD?

Comment

This just may be an ISO issue so instead of saving as ISO try saving as folder and then give it a play using VLC or other to see if problem. You may as well want to try changing the A/V Codec settings to see if that helps as well as unchecking the Lightning Recoding

Comment

On some versions of this disc you can't play the VOB files standalone, they contain elements for different languages. If you play the folder starting with the VIDEO_TS.IFO file it works fine. The ISO should have been OK if made with DVDFab.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                            X