Cannot Burn ISO to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Burn ISO to DVD

I want to burn an ISO to a DVD-R. However, whenever I select the ISO image file I want to burn (from within "DVD Copy -> Write Data -> Source"), DVDFab automatically opens a popup window called "Specify the Blu-ray disc's region code" and asks me to select A, B, or C and then click OK. I click OK and am magically transferred to the "Blu-ray Copy -> Full Disc" menu with an empty Source (the ISO I selected to burn is not there). I do not want to burn this file to a Blu-ray! It is not a Blu-ray ISO, it is a DVD ISO which is intended to run on an original Xbox game system!

I am able to successfully burn this ISO to a DVD with Nero...but since I paid for DVDFab DVD Copy, I want it to work properly.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you!

If it is a game disk, Fab will not do it.

It is for video disks ONLY !!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It's not a game, Greggy ol' boy!

Comment

If it is not a game disc, Write Data mode should burn it. Success depends on how the ISO was made and to some extent on the original source disc's authoring. You would need to post more details and the DVDFab log files for us to be able to provide meaningful assistance. See the Help Us Help You document posted in this forum.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have attached the log files to this message. Please let me know what you think.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dclynds View Post
            I have attached the log files to this message. Please let me know what you think.

There's still a bit of a problem here, sunshine!

The two burn logs you sent are what I call 'Log Headers' - i.e. they are created just as you sent them each time you start Fab in your system (the only info that changes are the date and times).

The internal logs you sent are both for a BD film... no help there either.

If the original logs have disappeared, can you tell us which program & version created the ISO?

How big is this ISO?

DC

Comment

I don't know which program created the ISO but it is around 470 MB in size.

I would guess that since I have not actually burned anything with DVDFab since installing it on my new computer, the burn log wouldn't be showing much of anything.

The issue here is that when I select this ISO to write to a DVD, it is read as a Blu-ray image and then the "Source" box becomes blank. I don't receive any error messages.

Comment

I don't know which program created the ISO but it is around 470 MB in size.

I would guess that since I have not actually burned anything with DVDFab since installing it on my new computer, the burn log wouldn't be showing much of anything.

The issue here is that when I select this ISO to write to a DVD, it is read as a Blu-ray image and then the "Source" box becomes blank. I don't receive any error messages.

There's certainly no size issues here... you should be able to catalog the ISO with Windows Explorer...

What kind of files does it contain, and what format are the files in?

I suspect that what has happened here is that whatever program created this ISO either set or reset the bit that Fab uses to distinguish between DVD and BD type discs...

If your heart is set on writing this to a DVD, you may want to consider D/L a program called Imgburn (a freebie on the web), and, following the instructions elsewhere in this forum, set it up to work with Fab.

You'll find Imgburn more configurable and a better burning engine than the one supplied with Fab (VSO), and it may be able to duck around the Fab writing problem.

Let us know...

DC

Comment

Solid advice from DC as always.
                  If you use Imgburn, select "build mode" and this will afford you the best chance for success.
                  If you get stuck, there are some excellent tutorials and advice to be had on the Imgburn forum

Good luck and let us know
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If he has an ISO, I would use the Write mode. The build mode will only write the ISO intact to the disc.

Comment

I downloaded and setup Imgburn to work with DVDFab. However, it has not changed anything. I select Write mode, then select the ISO file and the same thing happens as before. I am asked to specify the Blu-ray disc's region and then the source is left blank.

Anyway, burning the ISO directly with Imgburn and even Windows Disc Image Burner works. So there is an issue with the DVDFab program. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future version.

Comment

I downloaded and setup Imgburn to work with DVDFab. However, it has not changed anything. I select Write mode, then select the ISO file and the same thing happens as before. I am asked to specify the Blu-ray disc's region and then the source is left blank.

Anyway, burning the ISO directly with Imgburn and even Windows Disc Image Burner works. So there is an issue with the DVDFab program. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future version.

I hate to repeat myself, but I still think 'there's a problem here, sunshine'...

470MB is an awfully small size for a movie (even just main movie) film, unless it is in a format other than typical DVD format... which DVDFab can detect... which is why I asked a couple of posts ago for the ISO's contents and file format...

Are you willing to submit this info for analysis??

DC

Comment

Unable, pumpkin. Not sure how. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Unable, pumpkin. Not sure how. Thanks anyway.

It's not hard... Put the DVD with the ISO in question into your DVD drive.

Open Windows Explorer.

Click on the letter that corresponds to the drive containing that DVD.

Initially it should show the disc and contents as an ISO. There should be a + sign in a box in front of ISO. Click on that + sign, and the contents should be displayed. (list of files and file extensions - or folders, as long as you have selected 'detailed' display from 'View').

That's what I'd like to see.

Can do???

DC

Comment

Hi, dclynds

1. The internal log displays this is a blu-ray iso. You can use DVDFab virtual driver mount this iso to check folders and files. If there is Video_ts folder this iso is DVD, if there is a BDMV folder this iso is blu-ray.
                              2. You can use imgburn alone to burn this iso.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X