New user, problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user, problem

I was going to buy DVDFab, but after trying it on 2 disks I give up. If PowerDVD won't play them (and it doesn't) I'm not interested. I did get one to play using Media Player, but it had no sound. It appears to be an over-complicated under-explained space hog so far...

If you wanted help, this is the place to get it.

We cannot assist you unles you ask for help and give some details.

Originally posted by Tayvl View Post
    I was going to buy DVDFab, but after trying it on 2 disks I give up. If PowerDVD won't play them (and it doesn't) I'm not interested. I did get one to play using Media Player, but it had no sound. It appears to be an over-complicated under-explained space hog so far...
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes Tayvl, you must give us more details of the problem. DVDFab discs, folders and images will normally play with zero problems on any of the players you mentioned. Please read the Help Us Help You document and supply some of the log files along with any error messages you get from the players and a description of the process you are using to make the backup copies.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What exactly do you need to know? DVDFab copied all the files to the hard drive, and PowerDVD doesn't recognize any of the folders. I was told by PM that you have to use PowerDVD to run the individual files one at a time. I already know that, and that's no solution. If the product won't produce something that PowerDVD recognizes as a Blu-ray disk, I simply don't need it, even if it's free. Thanks for the replies, btw.

Comment

That is incorrect. PowerDVD will play the files as a DVD two ways: if you have them in a VIDEO_TS folder, you can select them as the play source using controls in the settings or you can make image files (ISOs) with DVDFab, mount them with DVDFab Virtual Drive, and play them as you would a disc, selecting the virtual drive where the image is mounted. The easiest way is to navigate to the movie VIDEO_TS.IFO file using windows explorer, then select Open with... from the right click context menu. Select the PowerDVD .exe file and tell windows to always open files of this type this way, then in the future you can just double click the IFO file and it will play the DVD.

PowerDVD's interface for playing from hard drives is not very good, try Total Media Theater 5, it is much easier and less trouble.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

vcl media player is the best to play these files you just right click on the folder and select play with vcl media player

Comment

VLC

I agree with Justin, I have had issues with other players, but VLC always works!

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but I went on a mental vacation for a couple of weeks...

I DL'd the latest VLC player (I had always kept it as backup for hard-to-play vid files - if VLC couldn't play it, it must be corrupt), and tried another disk and everything worked OK. DVDFab left me with one file in the Streams folder, a 21 gigabyte m2ts file, whatever that is. VLC player loaded it up and played it no problem.

I did try running it with PowerDVD and got the good video but no audio at all, so I'll just use that for regular DVDs and VLC Player for the Blu-ray files.

Thanks again for the tips.

Comment

Working...
                X