Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought once I bought the program I could use it for as long as I wanted ... it's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought once I bought the program I could use it for as long as I wanted ... it's

telling me it has expired. I thought that meant I just couldn't update to the newest version.

Please help. Thanks.

Originally posted by romanjamm View Post
    telling me it has expired. I thought that meant I just couldn't update to the newest version.

Please help. Thanks.
    Did you purchase 1 year, 2 years ,life time. What?

When did you purchase the software.

Comment

My period expired ... but I thought we were just buying the right to get upgrades if we went further. I didn't realize that once the period expired that I wouldn't be able to use the program.

I have never heard of that before.

I've bought software countless times and never once has the maker of the software stopped allowing me to use what I had rightfully purchased from them.

I am xxxxxxx xxxxxx
      Last edited by Guest; 02-13-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

My period expired ... but I thought we were just buying the right to get upgrades if we went further. I didn't realize that once the period expired that I wouldn't be able to use the program.

I have never heard of that before.

I've bought software countless times and never once has the maker of the software stopped allowing me to use it.

I am xxxxxxx xxxxxx
        What version was the latest version that worked with an active license?
        Uninstall Fab and then reinstall that version dated just prior to your expiration. Then, don't update...ever...unless you renew your license.

If you need theat specific installer, check my friend Gruñón's sig for a link to old apps
        Last edited by Complication; 02-14-2011, 03:41 AM. Reason: Removed quoted words
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

So you're saying that I should always be able to use it then?

I have since purchased the BluRay copy version and I have done updates on that. I wonder if that's what's causing me problems? thanks

Comment

If you want help you need to answer the questions in post#2 and provide useful detailed information.

No one can help without information from you.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              What version was the latest version that worked with an active license?
              Uninstall Fab and then reinstall that version dated just prior to your expiration. Then, don't update...ever...unless you renew your license.

If you need theat specific installer, check my friend Gruñón's sig for a link to old apps
              Thanks!

Comment

You can use your last licensed update forever, you just can't update again if the license has expired. You can always renew the license at very low rates (much cheaper than the original purchase).
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  You can use your last licensed update forever, you just can't update again if the license has expired. You can always renew the license at very low rates (much cheaper than the original purchase).
                  That's what I thought but I was getting messages from DVDFab saying that my license has expired, please update and it would not allow me to use the program.

i have since followed the advice that I graciously received on this forum and now I'm able to use the program. Specifically uninstall the program and reinstall the last version available before expiration.

A bit misleading on DVDFabs part if you ask me!

Comment

What it should have said was "please renew". Confusing but not deliberately misleading.

That's what I thought but I was getting messages from DVDFab saying that my license has expired, please update and it would not allow me to use the program.

i have since followed the advice that I graciously received on this forum and now I'm able to use the program. Specifically uninstall the program and reinstall the last version available before expiration.

A bit misleading on DVDFabs part if you ask me!
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                      Not really as you paid for a certain length of time and that time starts the day you purchased. So if you bought 1 year then it ends one year after date of purchase. If you update after that then you need to purchase again or risk losing the functions for what you paid for.

All programs do this if you update past your expire time but when you purchase an additional module instead of upgrading the expired you may want to install that into a seperate directory or you lose the function for the expired option
                      It would be easy for DVDFab to put some type of message up indicating that before the update is done. I didn't even realize I updated the program after my term expired. And of course I wouldn't have had I realized it was going to cause this problem. To be honest, it may have happened when I updated the Blu ray version because I don't even recall updating Dvdcopy. I'm just saying, they could easily update something into this program that would make it more clear what is happening so as to alleviate this problem.

I wonder how many people just pay for the new license because they think that's the only way they'll be able to use their program?

I guess I just answered my own question.

Yes - Misleading.

Comment

Working...
                      X