• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing CPU or BOARD

Will this stop dvd from working

Originally posted by svtcobra2765 View Post
    Will this stop dvd from working
    It's very difficult to 'guess' what exactly you have in mind, based on little to no information.

No effect on changing out the cpu except that your performance would likely improve.
    (We have no idea of your current or future setups).
    If you're changing motherboards and they are not identical, you are opening a huge can of worms if you intend to simply continue with your current system hdd.
    You would need to start with a newly formatted hdd.

Whatever you choose, simply save your registration key(s) for your Fab applications (floppy, cd, slave hdd, email to yourself to an outside server, etc.)
    You can also save any application installers you wish and install those or simply download the most recent versions from Fengtao and plug in your respective keys.

As long as you have your keys, you can always use the apps.
    Last edited by maineman; 09-13-2009, 12:58 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Cobra, my question was whether you meant make DVDFab quit working or make a DVD drive quit working. The usual solid advice from maineman, I won't try to improve that.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Changing CPU/Motherboard

will the key need to be re-entered if the CPU ..is changed or the motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by svtcobra2765 View Post
          will the key need to be re-entered if the CPU ..is changed or the motherboard
          @svtcobra2765
          I opted to merge your threads as they are essentially the same.
          Cross or double-posting is frowned on and ultimately fragments advice and is confusing for anyone trying to follow multiple threads.

Unfortunately, you did not return to your original thread and this thread adds very little.
          As I said, changing the cpu will have no effect on whether or not Fab is activated. My advice on swapping motherboards stands.

Please give us specifics as to exactly what it is you want to do.
          The devil's in the details...
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X