Will not analyze next dvd to copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not analyze next dvd to copy

When I 1st start dvdfab the program will analyze the disk. But, after the program makes a copy or back up it will not read and analyze a new disk placed in the DVD drive. Widows will read the new disk and ask me what I want to do, but dvdfab will not. Even if I navigate to the dvd in the source.
    I had this happen once before, but I had to redo my computer due to a hard drive crash.
    I believe it started happening after the 2nd or 3rd upgrade of the dvdfab version.
    Any suggestion on what might be causing this. Its annoying to have to close fab and restart it each time I put in a new disk.

Moving your post to the DVD Copy forum so more people will see it.

Suggestions:
    Turn off autoplay in Windows
    Check for other CD or DVD software that may be running in the background and blocking access to the optical drive. You can check for
    interfering device registrtry filters using ImgBurn->Tools->Filter driver load order.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi jrgibson55

You sound like you have used Fab a lot but I am going to ask a stupid question.
      Did you click the Finnish button???
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

dvdfab will not analyze next dvd

Yes, I clicked on finished.
        Dumb questions are okay

Comment

I've run into this problem more times than i can count.

The easiest way i've found to start a clean backup on a new disk is to click finish, close the program and then restart the program. It works perfectly everytime this way.

Some process must get hung up after finishing a backup and then the software just acts ugly. It's a small program...so shutting it down and restarting takes less than a minute and saves alot of aggravation.
          Last edited by Xalky; 02-24-2011, 04:23 PM. Reason: Oops, i saw thats exactly what you do. :)

Comment

Working...
          X