ISO copy problem - Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO copy problem - Episodes

I got a problem when copying episodes from DVDs. I have the same problem with both Friends (All seasons) and 30 Rock (Season 1-3).

The problem is that DVDFab doesn't make one file for each episode.
    E.g. Friends: There is 4 episodes on each disc I have. But if I copy all 4 episodes at once it makes 3 big files and 1 small and these files is not "cut" where one of the episodes ends (See attachment).
    The problem is the same with 30 Rock.
    It's actually looks like it cutting exatly when the file is 1.048.574 KB big. No matter where the episode ends.
    I have tried with both selcting "Remove menus, play the..." and unselcting that.

If I copy one episode at a time it works as it should.

So am I doing anything wrong?
    Attached Files

No, you are not doing anything wrong, this is just the way DVDs are made. The VOB files can contain one title or parts of several, and they are not necessarily in the same order that the video plays back. The only way to get what you want is to do one episode at a time. DVDFab will take the title you want and take the parts it needs to play it and put them in one VOB file (if it will fit, most likely more than one).

If you are making ISOs, you would select one title at a time and choose the ISO Target button.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      DVDFab will take the title you want and take the parts it needs to play it and put them in one VOB file (if it will fit, most likely more than one).

If you are making ISOs, you would select one title at a time and choose the ISO Target button.
      Thank you for your quick response.
      I almost came to the conclusion you posted. Just needed to be sure. But nice to understand WHY I couldn't copy more than one episode.

All except of the episodes Can fit one VOB file. I am using a Boxee Box to play my material from my NAS.
      Now I have a folder per episode. If the episode is too big to fit one .VOB file, would the Boxee box find all the VOB files automatically (when I have chosen the folder) and how does it "know" which file it should select first. Is that the name of the .VOB file or can it just find out (I have renamed the VOB files so they are named FRIENDS.S(XX)E(YY).VOB

Do you have any advice in general when you copy episodes and do you have any experience with Boxee box?

Comment

Sorry. Have a question more.

What is the .ifu and .bup files?

Comment

If your player reads the IFO files it should be able to do it, that is where the secrets are kept. Many players will read them and know how to put the playback together for you, some do not. Check you owner's manual or call them and see if it can play "DVD folders" or "DVD-Video IFO/VOB files". IF it will play a DVD from an ISO file it will probably play from a folder also, but no guarantees.

The IFO files tell the DVD player how to structure the playback and menus, along with information the player needs about the audio and subpicture streams on the disc. The BUP files are just backups of the IFO files in case one of them gets scratched or corrupted.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X