Windows 7 - Copy fails and CD drive is no longer recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 - Copy fails and CD drive is no longer recognized

This may have been an issue in previous versions as well. Never had a disk fail on a copy before, but this disk has a lot of scratches. I tried washing the disk, but it still fails. The work around is to reboot my machine, but there needs to be another method to solve this issue.

Basically the copy fails:
    dvdfab_process.log
    21:58:43: Analyzing of DVD started
    21:58:43: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
    21:58:43: Copy process started
    22:07:52: Task_1 failed! Error=102()

dvdfab_internal.log

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/03/19 21:58:18)

0m 00.90s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
    0m 01.67s: detected dvd
    0m 01.71s: drive D
    0m 01.71s: dvd type 1
    0m 01.71s: volume label SG1_V3
    0m 01.93s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 02.55s: got udf/iso
    0m 03.43s: got discinfo
    0m 03.43s: pathplayer enabled
    0m 12.49s: got dvdinfo
    0m 12.59s: opened dvd

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/03/19 22:09:03)

0m 00.39s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/03/20 20:09:54)

0m 01.07s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0

The first entry was after the reboot, and the two following are after the fail when I tried to start the dvdfab program again.

I am simply trying to copy an entire disk with dvd9 quality to my hard disk (Once that is done, I will use dvd ripper to create avi files of a specific episode.) The problem is that once I get the failed message from DVD, Windows no longer recognized the CD-ROM Drive. Is there a way to get this drive recognized other than a restart?

I eject the disk, put it back in. Go into computer->manage, and the device no longer is listed. Wierd!

Thank you,

Ken

Run the MS fixit to see if it helps.

Comment

That error code means that DVDFab could not read a file from the disc, which may be damaged or defective.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        That error code means that DVDFab could not read a file from the disc, which may be damaged or defective.
        I have the same problem trying to read three other disks after the initial copy error. At this point, it may be the drive, but I have never had a drive fail before.

I did try fixit, and two of the checks found problems and fixed those. Neither fix would make the media readable.

What is strange, is that the media is readable if I restart the PC. Once the copy fails, it is as if the drive gets disconnected.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

"but there needs to be another method to solve this issue."

Yep, buy another copy!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I would buy a replacement disk if this only happened to one disk out of three. I put in a new DVD drive and that solved the problem.

Thanks, Ken

Comment

same problem in XP

I am having the same problem and it is with XP - whether trying to burn a disc off a previously ripped dvd to HD or from an original disc trying to rip and burn to dvd. When burning original dvd to disc, process fail 20% in and un-detects the drive.

New drive SH-S223C SB06 Samsung

Comment

Working...
              X