Backup of a Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup of a Backup

A couple of years ago I made a full disk backup of a movie. Now, I would like make just a main movie backup of that backup. When I try to have dvdfab scan the disc, it acts like nothing is on it. Poking around in some of the other dvdfab backup options, it appears that the program thinks it's a data disc instead of a dvd movie. The log file looks like this:

DVDFab 8.0.7.3 (2011/03/22 23:36:59)

0m 00.59s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 11.38s: detected dvd
    0m 11.38s: drive F
    0m 11.38s: dvd type 0
    0m 11.40s: volume label 060523_2257

In comparing this entry to other entries in the log file, 'dvd type 0' seems to be causing this issue. When I put an original dvd disc in, the program reads it as 'dvd type 1'. Any ideas on how to make a backup of my backup?

You are several versions out of date.
    V8.0.8.5...........

DVDFab has always had problems making copies of copies.
    You might try turning off Pathplayer.

Since there is no protection on the copy you do not need fab to do this.
    Use Imgburn if you have it or whatever you do have to write data from one disc to another.

Comment

Understood, but keep in mind I just want the main movie backed up now. How do I know which file(s) out of the VIDEO_TS folder to use?

Comment

Ever hear of dvdshrink?

Comment

DVDFab will know which files to use and will select them if you select just the main movie from the title list. You do not need DVDShrink for this. Follow the suggestion and turn off PathPlayer in Common Settings. A backup of a backup brings into question whether you still own the original.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X