This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-processors

Does DVDFab make use of a Quad processor. Like say giving DVDFab priority?

a while back i had asked fengtao a similar question. if i remember correctly his answer was DVDFab's transcoder is optimized for both speed and quality.

however i am still using a single core pentium 4 processor.

if you are just ripping the dvd and not applying compression, the CPU does not play a big part in the dvd to hard drive transfer rate. this is handled by other components of the motherboard.

Comment

DVD to Mobile and File to Mobile are heavily optimized for multithread processors and CUDA/DXVA GPU acceleration. As Troy said, the CPU loafs when reading/transcoding/writing DVDs. The speed bottleneck is the read speed of the optical drive in most cases; if the optical drive and the hard drive that holds the DVDFab temp file are on the same controller, it can also slow down the process.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks

You have answered my question.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          DVD to Mobile and File to Mobile are heavily optimized for multithread processors and CUDA/DXVA GPU acceleration. As Troy said, the CPU loafs when reading/transcoding/writing DVDs. The speed bottleneck is the read speed of the optical drive in most cases; if the optical drive and the hard drive that holds the DVDFab temp file are on the same controller, it can also slow down the process.
          is there a config tweak to reduce how many cores are used, and/ or to run at lower priority, thus making it easier to use PC for other things while batch conversions run in background ?

Comment

Originally posted by cybmole View Post
            is there a config tweak to reduce how many cores are used, and/ or to run at lower priority, thus making it easier to use PC for other things while batch conversions run in background ?
            Go to settings/x to mobile and you can check or uncheck "Enable Turbo CPU for Maximum cpu Usage". hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X