The Tourist "A Strange Rip"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tourist "A Strange Rip"

I did a rip of "The Tourist" DVD Region 1 and DVDFab did give me a warning that this DVD is protected with cinavi and that it might not play on all DVD players (i.e. PS3).

The rip plays fine on my DVD player but it defaults to the French audio track?

The other issue is when I change it to the English sound track it does not give me the French subtitles when they speak in French?

When I play my original DVD it plays English as the default language, and when they speak in french(At the very beginning of the movie) it does display the english subtitles.

Which copy mode did you use to make the rip?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My first try was "Main Movie" only, the second try was Full Disc", same results.

Comment

Very odd, should not happen on Full Disc (or Clone). I don't have this one yet but I will try it when I get it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
          I did a rip of "The Tourist" DVD Region 1 and DVDFab did give me a warning that this DVD is protected with cinavi and that it might not play on all DVD players (i.e. PS3).

The rip plays fine on my DVD player but it defaults to the French audio track?

The other issue is when I change it to the English sound track it does not give me the French subtitles when they speak in French?

When I play my original DVD it plays English as the default language, and when they speak in french(At the very beginning of the movie) it does display the english subtitles.
          I had been using older 8.0.6.0 to rip movie only & had no trouble with subtitles ... they played correctly on a DVD copy & also on a media player after i had converted to a file format ... jak

Comment

I just did the update on mine just prior to backing up the tourist. Now I wish I tried it before the upgrading to the newer version.

Comment

The Tourist

I did The Tourist, last nite with 8085, main movie, was warned about the CINAVI protection! Used DVD-COPY, movie plays great, with subtitles, R1 disc! Plays in my BDP-S1 Blu-Ray player and on PC (VLC player)!

Comment

I did it yesterday works fine

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                  I did The Tourist, last nite with 8085, main movie, was warned about the CINAVI protection! Used DVD-COPY, movie plays great, with subtitles, R1 disc! Plays in my BDP-S1 Blu-Ray player and on PC (VLC player)!
                  My DVD Copy 8.0.8.5 worked just fine also, BUT DVD Ripper to do an iPad encoding is dropping the English Subtitles. This is noticable at the very begining of the movie when they speak in French at the forced english subtitles are missing.

It is a region 1 DVD.

Comment

UPDATE:

I used the previous version of DVD Copy on my laptop and the rip went normal this time. Forced subtitles came on with no issues at all this time.
                    Not really sure what the cause was, but it is working fine now.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                      My DVD Copy 8.0.8.5 worked just fine also, BUT DVD Ripper to do an iPad encoding is dropping the English Subtitles. This is noticable at the very begining of the movie when they speak in French at the forced english subtitles are missing.

It is a region 1 DVD.
                      As per transcoding & having the subtitles at front of pic dropped, i gather from some other threads that subtitles remain somewhat of an issue with the Fab Ripper ... i'm not at all saying that Ripper won't do this one properly, as i don't use it for media player conversion. The success of playing on my media player in earlier post was obtained with {other software} ... I too love DVDFab products but will wait on Ripper module till they get some subtitle issues addressed ....

Comment

Problems with Ripper should be in that forum, not in this thread.

Comment

I am watching a HDD folder I made from this title with Customize mode. The forced subs play fine. The forced subs are in the topmost English subpic stream in the Region 1 version. Playing back with TMT5.

Comment

Working...
                          X