Processor utilization for copying only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processor utilization for copying only?

I am still in the learning stages of video transcoding and ripping etc...

I was wondering if I am using DVDFab to extract just the movie and one or two tracks of audio - no subtitles and no extras how much is the CPU being used. I was talking to a friend and he suggested that if all I am doing is ripping and not transcoding then I shouldn't require a lot of horsepower in terms of CPU. Is that correct for what I am doing? Currently I use DVD9 which is 100% so I am not changing the video quality.

Thanks!

Neil

You should see very little CPU utilization, slightly more if compressing DVD. Converting Blu-ray or DVD to MPEG-4 can have very high CPU load depending on your video card and how much of the load you have it set to share.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I could have a pretty powerless machine then if I am ripping? What would impact speed would be DVD reader speed at that point?

I only rip Blurays with the bluray copy option. Again I don't believe I am doing any transcoding at that point correct?

Comment

Working...
      X