Issues Uninstallimg DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues Uninstallimg DVDFab

I have an interesting problem. I have an earlier version of DVDFab (v7) installed on my system. Currently I cannot tell you which version but will follow up with the version after I restore a previous ghost backup image. When uninstalling the version 7, the uninstall process seems to try to uninstall a file names pcoffin.sys several times. I eventually get a message that DVDfab uninstalled properly. However, when I install any version (including v8083) of DVDFab, the installation process seems to complete successfully. After rebooting my system, whenever I try to backup a DVD, DVDFab successfully reads the DVD, but I immediately get a “Failed to burn DVD Do you want to burn again" error. No matter what I do, (new blank DVD, etc) DVDFab will not burn to a DVD. I’m pretty sure that DVDFab will write files using the ripper to a MP4 on the hard drive but will not write to a DVD. Once I have restored the ghost image that has the v7 DVDFab software, DVDFab works OK. I can even install a v8 DVDFab and it will work properly. I would like to get the earlier version uninstalled so that I do not have 2 versions installed on my system. Any ideas? (I am running Windows XP)

Seventhgift

The p-c driver is no longer included with the DVDFab installer, but most versions of windows should not need it (it is included with v7). Try selecting ImgBurn as the default burn engine and tell us if that fixes it. You will need to install ImgBurn (free) if you don't already have it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X