This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS Protection

I just downloaded the new version and when I try to copy a DVD I get an error about the DVD having CSS protection and my version of DVD Fab not able to copy it. Can anyone offer some advice as to what I should do?

Thanks

It would appear that you have inadvertently downloaded the non-CSS version which is on dvdfab.net for legal/business reasons.

Download from the links in this forum and the problem should be resolved. A link to the latest beta releases is in my signature below.

PS: Good catch, maineman
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM. Reason: Typo
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I believe my good friend GregiBoy meant to type DVDFab.net which is where you actually make the purchase of any of the Fab apps.
      (As you click on Buy from DVDFab.com, it links you to DVDFab.net).

Please download only from here on the Fab forum or DVDfab.com (css apps)...not DVDfab.net.
      DVDFab.net contains the non-css versions and is maintained by Fengtao for legal/business reasons
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Just to confirm, I have been downloading from dvdfab.com for years with no trouble, only recently found and started using these forums.

Even now I still use dvdfab.com to download any new releases, is this okay, or is it safer to download only from these forums?

Comment

I would download from here, especially if you want the latest betas.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            I would download from here, especially if you want the latest betas.
            I second that and also the finals here on the forum link you back to the DVDFab.com website so either/or for those releases.

Comment

Okay, well I don't normally use any of the betas, always wait for official releases so it probably doesn't matter, either way.

Comment

Betas are necessary because they will contain copy protection removal and features that will not become availabe in the official release until Fengtao deems it so.

A good example at the moment is that 6.2.0.2 beta has BD+ removal stuff in it whilst 6.2.0.5 does not have it.

Comment

Betas are necessary because they will contain copy protection removal and features that will not become availabe in the official release until Fengtao deems it so.

A good example at the moment is that 6.2.0.2 beta has BD+ removal stuff in it whilst 6.2.0.5 does not have it.
                  Okay, I guess I will never understand this.

I thought official release 6-2-0-5 would obviously include any and all betas prior to it, including 6-2-0-2?

You are saying this is not true?

To have the latest we need ALL the betas and ALL the official release, a new official release does NOT automatically make all previously issued betas redundant, yes???

Comment

Confused again???

Read the release notes of both versions on this forum and you will find that 6.2.0.5 DOES NOT contain the BD+ removal that 6.2.0.2 does.

Your presumption used to be correct until Fengtao changed things last week.

Personally, I feel that he would be better saying "NO MORE FREE STUFF".

You can try it and buy it...

Comment

Confused again???

Read the release notes of both versions on this forum and you will find that 6.2.0.5 DOES NOT contain the BD+ removal that 6.2.0.2 does.

Your presumption used to be correct until Fengtao changed things last week.

Personally, I feel that he would be better saying "NO MORE FREE STUFF".

You can try it and buy it...
                      YES.............

So I was correct until last week, why change things.

Okay, what happens if I download beta 6.2.0.2. now?

I have full paid for lifetime version, currently shows as DVDFab 6.2.0.5 (11/11/2009), will it then revert BACKWARDS to 6.2.0.2, or will it instal the benefits of 6.2.0.2 INTO 6.2.0.5?????

I guess another way of asking is, is it too late to now instal that beta???

It is just everything is working fine and I don't want to upset it.

Comment

If you need BD+ stuff, go back to the beta otherwise stay at 6.2.0.5.

"So I was correct until last week, why change things"

I think it is an attempt by Fengtao to get the "short arm, long pocket brigade" to actually purchase but I am not privy to that information so I can't really say.

Comment

This is not the first time a beta feature was not included in a later Official Release and probably won't be the last. You can go back to the beta if you want the BD+ feature. It will not effect your license term in any way.

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                          YES.............

So I was correct until last week, why change things.

Okay, what happens if I download beta 6.2.0.2. now?

I have full paid for lifetime version, currently shows as DVDFab 6.2.0.5 (11/11/2009), will it then revert BACKWARDS to 6.2.0.2, or will it instal the benefits of 6.2.0.2 INTO 6.2.0.5?????

I guess another way of asking is, is it too late to now instal that beta???

It is just everything is working fine and I don't want to upset it.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Apart from the fact that I don't have a clue what BD+ even is, it says it is for Blue Ray, which I don't want, need or pay for, I only need and pay for DVD to DVD.

Cannot see any reason to download it IF I don't use Blue Ray.

Also even if I do, you still didn't answer my query about the mechanics of doing it, can anyone NOW download the older beta 6.2.0.2 and STILL RETAIN everything in the newer official release 6.2.0.5???

Comment

NO!!! Mutually exclusive !!!!

Confused again?

Comment

Working...
                              X