This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab compression opinion needed

First of all, I support dvdfab 100% and that's why I purchased it, but not even sure if I am allowed to ask a comparision question regarding another piece of software I've been using up to recently, but basically before I purchased dvdfab, I would use it to rip image to HD (using dvd9) (movie only) to maintain 100% image quality, then I would load it into DVDSH**** and if it would not fit onto a dvd5 I would use the DVDSH**** to compress it and it would perform a deep analysis procedure to improve quality when compressed, and to be honest I've always been happy with the output quality, but now that I am the proud owner of DVDFAB, basically I really want to know your opinion of the quality when DVDFAB has to compress a dvd onto a DVD5 disc, eg GI JOE (movie only) onto dvd5 target is like compression of 81%... hopefully this question makes sense

without beating around the bush, i want to know how DVDFAB does compared to DVDSH**** when it has to compress a movie to fit onto a dvd5

thanks in advance

As most of us don't use that other program anymore, we can't comment but why don't you do a test and see what YOU think?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I think the answers to that would be subjective, and as Gregiboy suggested, you really should try it yourself since you are the one that has to be satisfied with the results. Personally, I've never seen too much difference. The quality of results with either program (or any program that compresses the way Fab and Shrink do) depends more on the way the original was encoded and compressed than much that either program does. Keep it at 90% or better and any movie should look pretty good.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Having that I do use both of the programs alot, I may be able to help ya out. I have tried it both ways and have trouble with "freezing" of the image during playback with using DVDFab shinking capabilities. The image will freeze on the screen but the counter will keep going on the player. Now using the other program I haven't had that type of problem. I have used both for years. I like the ability of the other program to decide what I want on the disc and what I don't. Just a personal preference, not trying to sell anything. I love Fab and it's a great product for getting the original copy. I just use other programs for compression and burning.
        Into abyss
        You don't exist
        Cannot resist
        The Judas kiss
        Judas lives recite this vow
        I've become your new god now

Comment

Working...
        X