Copy-NTSC Play PAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy-NTSC Play PAL?

I am copying my purchased Region 1 NTSC videos so it will play on my Sony DVP NS330 player (a gift from a German local- a really sweet player, btw-and just to clear things up, I am an American living in Germany). I copy using the fabulous DFab 7.0.6.2 (yes, getting ready to upgrade). After making the copy and popping it into the newly gifted DVD player ... movie is in Black and White. No color. I assume it is because it is the transition between the NTSC and the PAL differences between the TV systems of the 2 continents. Am I correct in assuming this? Can DFab compensate for the different formats in TV electronics in Europe? If so, can these directions on 'how' be listed here? (NTSC to PAL)
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 04-10-2011, 09:21 AM.

No Fab will not convert NTSC to PAL you'll need something else for that or a player that plays both which I thought most European players did?

I checked and this model needs to be hacked to play all regions.
    Last edited by 90312; 04-09-2011, 07:05 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Unfortunately, a region hack will probably not allow NTSC to play on a PAL TV.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

*sigh* Thanks people.

Comment

I live in Australia and have imported many ntsc disk and they all play on my dvd-recorder which is region 4. And the ntsc disk play fine on my Panasonic tv.

Nearly all dvd players/recorders now play both ntsc and pal disk. you just have to make sure your tv is compatible as well don't get a cheep brand if you can help it.

Comment

Working...
          X