Best place for layer break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for layer break

I have the newest version of fab, running Windows 7 64bit.

Where would you suggest Layer break be at this screen <Caption 1>

I am using Memorex +r dl media
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Data636; 04-22-2011, 03:17 AM. Reason: added media info

Use the one ImgBurn selected as excellent, the one with the green star.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Use the one ImgBurn selected as excellent, the one with the green star.

How can I decide when there all white stars, as I have had a lot a times?

Comment

If you'll uncheck this box in common settings it should retain the original layer break which is always best.
        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

If you'll uncheck this box in common settings it should retain the original layer break which is always best.
          OK I will try that.

Just so I get this right if I uncheck the :layer break: option and use the dvdfab option :copy dvd: this will burn to dl +r media correctly, whit the correct layer breaks?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

Comment

If your player supports it, the Seamless option in ImgBurn would avoid the "hickup" when you play the disc when you only have white starts to pick amongst.

Comment

I need to qualify my answer, I use the CLONE function, I figure I might as well get it all. I use one drive for the source and another for the target and ImgBurn never even asks me for a layer break. A small 1k configuration file is created that contains the original layer break and uses it. I'm guessing similar to the MDS file created by Img when making an iso image.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 90312; 04-22-2011, 04:38 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This will almost always produce a colored star in ImgBurn.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I noticed layer break is checked.

It seems to work.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                    If your player supports it, the Seamless option in ImgBurn would avoid the "hickup" when you play the disc when you only have white starts to pick amongst.
                    This is what I do and have never had a problem with playback on any DVD player. I'm a little confused and curious as to why this isn't suggested here more often. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                      Originally posted by Vin View Post
                      This is what I do and have never had a problem with playback on any DVD player. I'm a little confused and curious as to why this isn't suggested here more often. What am I missing?
                      Just like Gummi said, "if your player supports it". I prefer setting the layer break to make it more compatible with players that I may not own yet. Never know what the future may or may not bring.

Comment

Working...
                      X