All QT Beta's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All QT Beta's

I am running both V. 8085, and the new QT Betas, and have found that when I switch from The beta (QT's) to the version 8085, all my video codec choices revert to
    H264 = Core AVC
    VC1 = Software
    MPEG2 = Cuda

With The Video Encoder staying at Software, Cuda.

I will change the options, to CUDA for the top three, and copy a movie, then try the QT Beta, and it will revert back again. I'll change it in the QT Beta, and then it will revert back in the standard version.

It never seems to keep the options. It never used to do this until the 1rst QT Beta. I could change the settings and never have to look at them again.

Only setting I can't get to stick is under STREAMS/SUBPICTURE. It always reverts back to the default setting.

Also I removed 8085 and it removed all my custom settings so I had to setup everything again for the QT. So even though they install in different folders they share the same uictl_customize.xml in the apps folder.

Comment

Well, now it won't keep any AV settings. They all revert to software. I am having to reset it on every use, for any version I have.

Maybe I'll try to uninstall and re-install, but really,, should this be doing what it is doing?

Comment

Hi W&B

Installed DVDFab 8.0.8.8 Beta (Qt) yesterday and all my settings were kept. Maybe it is because I did not uninstall any other versions, right now I have 4 versions of 8 installed and running.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

There are some known issues with 8088 Qt Beta version regarding remembering UI settings, I am having a problem with Target drive setting changing, but the A/V sync is perfect in both Rippers . These problems are being addressed for the next "Official" release. Post any others that you notice.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi W&B

Installed DVDFab 8.0.8.8 Beta (Qt) yesterday and all my settings were kept. Maybe it is because I did not uninstall any other versions, right now I have 4 versions of 8 installed and running.
            CBR929
            Yeah when I installed 8088 QT my settings from 8085 carried over (except the subpicture setting) but when I uninstalled 8085 my QT setting went back to default. I checked the apps/roaming folder and during install it just creates a DVDFab folder, not a DVDFab QT folder. So I'm just assuming it's shared by all installs/versions.
            4 versions of 8? That's hardcore my friend LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dperino View Post
              Well, now it won't keep any AV settings. They all revert to software. I am having to reset it on every use, for any version I have.

Maybe I'll try to uninstall and re-install, but really,, should this be doing what it is doing?
              No it shouldn't, I think since v.8088 is buggy in retaining settings everytime you start it, it resets the file I mentioned above. Just a bump in the road, they'll release a fix soon like Signals mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                4 versions of 8? That's hardcore my friend LOL
                I do this so that I can help others that are not running the latest version and for testing.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

8089 QT Beta

Well, I don't know if it was a problem that was fixed, or just a problem on my computer,, but the problem I was having with 8088 is fixed in 8089 now.

Comment

Working...
                  X