Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full disk - default french language

friends -

i am copying a movie using Full Disk mode.

when the copy is done, it plays the french language. i then go to the menu and switch it to english.

is there a way where english language is default?

it's doing this on every copy i make.

thanks for any and all help!

Hi Dorrell
    Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > Streams > Audio > select English > if you want Sub-Picture select English and at the top select appropriate box for sub picture, restart Fab and try ripping to HDD and view the rip to see if you still have this problem.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i appreciate your quick reply.

i will do as you've instructed.

thanks!

Comment

What version# of Fab you using? Also when doing Full Disc are you selecting any options on Fab's main GUI "Jump to first menu/title when disc inserted"? That was a reported bug in Fab but not sure if it was fixed.

Comment

i'm using version 8085.

haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

will report back when i do so.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi Dorrell
            Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > Streams > Audio > select English > if you want Sub-Picture select English and at the top select appropriate box for sub picture, restart Fab and try ripping to HDD and view the rip to see if you still have this problem.
            Hope this helps
            CBR929
            thanks for your advice. i really appreciate it.

however, my settings were already set this way.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              What version# of Fab you using? Also when doing Full Disc are you selecting any options on Fab's main GUI "Jump to first menu/title when disc inserted"? That was a reported bug in Fab but not sure if it was fixed.
              "jump to first menu" has always been selected.

i'll disable that and see if that helps.

thank you!

Comment

What Region is your player set for? Do the original discs play in it correctly?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  What Region is your player set for? Do the original discs play in it correctly?
                  region is set for 1 here in the USA.

yes - the original disks play fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorrell View Post
                    friends -

i then go to the menu and switch it to english.
                    Hey Dorrell, been a long time...

Sorry, I'm not connecting the dots...
                    What menu?

I really hate to ask the obvious, but are you certain your standalone player's default settings are set for English subtitles?

Which software player are you using on your pc?
                    If you play one of these bkup discs in your pc with VLC, is this behavior reproduced?
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                      Hey Dorrell, been a long time...

Sorry, I'm not connecting the dots...
                      What menu?

I really hate to ask the obvious, but are you certain your standalone player's default settings are set for English subtitles?

Which software player are you using on your pc?
                      If you play one of these bkup discs in your pc with VLC, is this behavior reproduced?
                      hey MM!

yes it has been TOO TOO LONG! i still visit the forum almost daily, but i haven't had any problems, so i haven't needed to post that's a good thing, right????? :0

the problem i'm having isn't with subtitles. the problem is with the spoken language. the movie always comes out in french or spanish.

i'm playing these burnt movies on my tv's dvd player. i've not tried playing them in the PC. that might be a good idea to try.

Comment

for what it's worth -

i've tried the burnt movies in a couple dvd players. they all play the movie in french language.

i'll try in the PC and report back.

Comment

Do not use the Navigation choices like the "Jump to first menu" and your Full Disc back ups will be in the correct language with out needing you to change anything. This is a bug with the Navigation settings like mentioned earlier in the thread and has not been fixed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                            Do not use the Navigation choices like the "Jump to first menu" and your Full Disc back ups will be in the correct language with out needing you to change anything. This is a bug with the Navigation settings like mentioned earlier in the thread and has not been fixed yet.
                            i had been doing my burns this way.

i will put the settings back to default and will report back.

thank you!

Comment

Also, try v8089 Qt Beta. It will install in a different folder than 8085, so no need to uninstall that.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X