Episode Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode Issue

I am trying to back up Stargate Universe using DVDCopy. I can see multiple files about 43 minutes long. When I copy them to my hard drive they are all episode 1. There are 4 episodes on the dvd. Any help would be appreciated.

Movie Backup

My first guess is that "Episode 1" is merely the folder name. Double-click on the folder and see if there are multiple files in it.

Is the 1 file on your HDD the same size as the combined 4 episodes? (right-click on the folder -> Properties).

Presumably you are backing up the movie to your HDD firstly to see if the rip is OK, like playing back the rip to see if the aspect ratio is correct and the audio and video are synchronized. But if you just want to back up the DVD, why not select "Full Disc" in DVDFab menu and burn directly to DVD media?

You could also use rewritable DVD media (good for 1,000 re-burns) if wanting to test your work. But I have found DVDFab to be very stable.

My I suggest that when you post a request for help, share the steps you followed: that way others can help you better.

Cheers

Comment

Episode Issue

The folders vary slightly in size on my hdd just as they do on the dvd.

I do not want to back up the entire disk as it takes too many disks. I would like to rip each episode to my hdd. Once I have done this successfully I copy them all to a bluray disk for storage. This gives me a large redcution in the space requirement for the disks. I have successfully done this with other series episodes. I have tried external hdd in the past but found the failure rate of the drives to be unacceptable.

Comment

Which copy mode are you using? Are the multiple 43 minute "files" on your output or are they Titles on the Source?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X