Errors Out During Install & While Trying To Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors Out During Install & While Trying To Open

I am currently running Windows XP Pro, service pack 2, 3 GB RAM, AMD Se,pron 3000+, 250GB hard drive, and not only did it error out during installtion. But, it errored out whenever I clicked on the icon to open DVDFab. And, it would not even open after that. I even went in and uninstalled the old version and each and every time that I click on the icon, it errors out and won't even open.

Hijack moved to its own thread.

Comment

The version that I am referencing is the newest 8.0.9.0 QT that just came out today to my previous post. Version 8.0.8.5 works fine.

Comment

The correct file sizefor the installer is 18,247,408 bytes. If yours is different, please try to download again. I got the error also, but my download was incomplete for some reason.

//EDIT// Worked fine on the second try.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, Microsoft came up with the error twice. Once during installation and the other time when I clicked on the icon to open DVDFab. But, I verified the file size and it is exactly as you mentioned that it should be. Right now, I'm at work and I have re-downloaded the installation file and will give it a try when I get home to see if it still errors out. But, in the meantime, if my file size is that what you specified, what else could it be?

Comment

No idea. Report what you find with a fresh download after you get home. I had no problems with the fresh install (be sure to run the installer "As Administrator").
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same problem here Paul and my installer is only 1.10MB tried to redownload the program 3 times to get the correct size install/uninstall with no luck, it hangs up on finishing install and can't even delete the program, any ideas?
              Paid Not To Work
              US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
              Proudly Served On
              USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
              6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Does it matter if I'm running Windows XP Pro, service pack 2? This is what I'm running and not service pack 3.

Comment

You should really install SP3 anyhow.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

But, does it matter if I'm running service pack 2?

Comment

Should not matter. I am surprised this is still happening, must be a problem on the server end. I will have someone in Beijing check it when morning arrives there. Sorry for the inconvenience, just keep trying to DL until you get the correct size.

Comment

I downloaded and installed fine here in Oz.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just got home, re-downloaded the installer package (17.4 MB) and the exact same problem happened when I first tried it. During installation, a Microsoft dialogue box popped up and stated that there had been an error during the all-in-one DVDFab package installation, that it apologized for the inconvenience and was to be shut down. Then, after installing, I clicked on the icon to open DVDFab and the same exact Microsoft error dialogue box appeared. But, DVDFab would not open again. (Windows XP Pro, service pack2, installed as administrator). No error log to send for DVDFab 8.0.9.0QT would not open. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it does. .NET, etc were all upgraded in SP3....

Originally posted by RoCoLTD View Post
                            But, does it matter if I'm running service pack 2?

Comment

I also forgot to mention that my version of Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2, is 32 Bit. I remember a while back that about the same things happenend and it was discovered that the software was written only for 64 Bit. Could this be true to this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X