Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Problem With v8.0.9.1

This is a new problem with v8.0.9.1

***After DVDFab hung trying to open the DVD, I had to use the Task Manager to shutdown the program. I sent in the report that was generated by DVDFab.***

Here are the symptoms:

1. If DVDFab is running and the DVD is inserted into the drive, the program tries to open the source but it just continues to run in an unending loop. At this point, only using the Task Manager will stop the program.

2. If the DVD is placed in the drive and fully recognized by the computer before starting DVDFab, then everything works well.

3. The problem is infinitely repeatable and consistent. I had exactly the same results with Batman Begins, Blue Valentine, and I Saw the Devil...all Region1 USA titles.

Again, it all works perfectly with v8.0.8.5

I don't know if it's useful in the forum, but I'm running a Barton Core XP2500, 2Gbs of RAM, Radeon 9800, XP Pro - SP3. Yeah it's an old machine, but all it's used for is backing up DVDs.

Please post the log files if it writes any. I can't duplicate this, works fine when repeating your steps (but with different discs).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I read the other thread...

I set the compatibilty to Win98/WinME and everything works now. This is some strange stuff indeed...

If it crashes again, I will post the logs. I did send the earlier logs to the Devs.

Comment

Also, please check PathPlayer settings to make sure it's always enabled.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Did that...

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
          Also, please check PathPlayer settings to make sure it's always enabled.
          I did that before I changed the compatibilty mode and the problem was still present.

Comment

Working...
          X