VOB files do not show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOB files do not show up

My DVD movies are backup on my IOmega NAS using DVDFab and I use my Sony BDP-BX37 Blu-Ray player to stream movies to my TV. I can access my NAS from the Sony and see all the folders of my DVD movies. These movies were ripped to DVD format (VOB files) using FabDVD.

However, recently the DVD VOB files are not being recognized (not listed at all) by the Sony player. In one movie there should be 6 VOB files but the Sony player only shows #1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. #3 is missing. I can see VOB #3 via my computer and when I play the movie on my computer via PowerDVD it plays fine. When I play the movie through the Sony it does not play #3.

In another movie all the VOB files are missing except VOB #1. This is happening with movies backed by DVDFab 8.0.9.2 and 8.0.8.5

Anyone know what would cause a VOB file not to show up on the Sony player? or how I can modify the VOB so that it will be recognized by the Sony player?

Yep, talk to Sony about the problem....Good Luck!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

We need better information. Are the VOB files actually there or not? Have you done a firmware update recently on the Sony player?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

yes the vobs are on the NAS, I can't see them via my computer. However, from my blu-ray, I see all but #3.

This does not happen to movies that I back-up. Most of the time all the VOBs are seen by the Sony. So far only 2 movies I have had this happened to.

Comment

Do you have windows explorer set to hide the file suffixes for familiar file types? The view controls for folders set to "details"?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This has nothing to do with explorer. I can see all the VOBs just fine from my computer.

My Blu-Ray player is a stand alone player that is connected to my TV (not my computer) and has a cat5 connection to my home router. It is this stand alone Sony Blu-Ray player that is connected to my TV that some of the VOB's are not showing up. The end result is when I am watching movies on my TV using my stand alone Blu-Ray player that is accessing my network drive (I am not going through my computer) the blu-ray player does not play all the VOB's that make up the whole movie even though all the VOB's are on my network drive.

Comment

If the VOB Files are in the proper Folder and numbered correctly they should play just fine. The Sony Blu-ray Player has to read and stream these Files. I did the same thing with a Buffalo Media Player, and it read and streamed through the VOB Files, but would display each segment on screen. So it depends on the Sony Player and the Streaming Software it has. I would name the Movie and put the VOB Files in one Video_TS Folder. DVDFab makes more Sub-Folders that the Sony Player may not be able to shuffle through and read the proper VOB Files.

Comment

Working...
              X