This may provide a clue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may provide a clue...

This may provide a clue as to what's up with the XP-SP3 machines having issues with all of the Qt releases. At least the symptoms are completely consistent.

This week I picked up "The Mechanic" and "Daydream Nation" and also backed up about 10 other older titles for a road-trip. The bottom-line is that as long as I start v8.0.9.2 in compatibility mode for WinXP/WinME everything works perfectly with DVDFab. If I turn off the compatibility mode it crashes regularly. I sent the Devs (Mona Su) a detailed breakdown of my XP install and my hardware configuration, so maybe they'll find an issue in there somewhere...

If you're having issues with an XP-SP3 install and haven't tried compatibility mode, you might want to give it a shot. It definitely works for me.

Using the comparability mode was mentioned in a couple other threads as being the work around for this problem.

Hopefully the next release will take care of it with out using a work around.

Comment

I installed Windows XP Pro, service pack 3 , uninstalled version 8.0.8.5, did a deep cleaning of the registry, tried to install version 8.0.9.2 QT and still same issues. So, I uninstalled version 8.0.9.2 QT and installed version 8.0.8.5 and it works perfectly. The last time that I saw this happen was whenever they realized that they had built the software for 64 Bit and not 32 BIT. I even tried installing in Windows 98/ME compatibility and it still errors out during installation and even after installation whenever I click on the icon to open it. Please help. Thanks.

Comment

Everyone is trying to duplicate the problem. Others in these threads have gotten it to work on XP SP3, so it is a more subtle issue than just the OS. They are testing in Beijing as well.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

the only problem i have with qt is when i try to make two copies with a stand alone writer i have to make sure that the program reads the blank before i burn again.

Comment

drcoop33,
            what burning software you are using?
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X