This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Ripping True Grit 2010

When trying to rip True Grit you get presented with many different titles, and none of them seem to rip the entire disk. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Giles

Hi gnutkins
    Put the movie in your DVD player and as the movie is playing take note of what Title# it is, when you open Fab and it analyzes the disc make sure it is the same Title# that was playing as before and chose that number.

Also make sure that Pathplayer is set to always enabled to do this:
    Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab and try again.

Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

true grit

seems to be problem with dvd fab misreading disc size, comes up at 20gb which cannot be correct. Is this new copy protection.

Comment

Do you have PathPlayer enabled?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same problem here.

I've enabled path finder but it then finds multiple titles. I've done what was suggested and noted the title when played in my DVD player. When I rip this title is bombs out around 1/2 way though and only 2gb is written (althought the first 2gb seems to write successfully) and the end of the movie is missing.

Not sure if this is a region 2 issue.

Comment

pathfinder

Yes I have enabled pathfinder, trying to rip complete dvd results in only half the movie being copied similar to last post.

Comment

I picked up my movie yeaterday, and here is what i found out, I am a lifetime member and have several DVDfab Vers on my desktop, DVDFab 6,7, 8 all reprorted 3 chapter all no. 2, the chapter the DvD player comes up with is 12 also when DVDFab 8 trys to open it freezes up, now ver 7 will try and compress it to a DVD 5 but 90 o/o it will stop and thats it, all have pathplayer enabled, still no joy, I tryed one more thing I also have DVDFab 5 verson 5232 I know its old but I was able to get to back it up to DVD 9 to my hard drive, have not had the time to review the back up but a small check revield that chapter did show up at the begining of the movie, I think that you will have to use a DVD 9 to get this one, I hope this helps, if not I still have my orginal to watch, seem like it will be a good one...

Comment

Please try the newest version found here New Version
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

True Grit - workaround

I managed to get this to rip by installing the latest version of Passkey (3 Jun) and then using DVDFab version 5 (not version 8.0.9.5QT).

It saw the disc as c.6GB (as it should, instead of 20GB) and ripped it to the hard drive without issue.

I used Nero Recode to reduce it 4.3GB. It seems to work, though I should stress I haven't watched it all the way through yet. But worth a try.

All the best.

Holti

Comment

True Grit

Title #11 is the one you want. This is the full version of the movie.

Comment

I have tried the new version and have gotten the same results as posted up above. I have also done the main movie chapter 11 and the movie cuts off towards the end so I am not able to see the ending of the film when doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by holtisingir View Post
                        I managed to get this to rip by installing the latest version of Passkey (3 Jun) and then using DVDFab version 5 (not version 8.0.9.5QT).

It saw the disc as c.6GB (as it should, instead of 20GB) and ripped it to the hard drive without issue.

I used Nero Recode to reduce it 4.3GB. It seems to work, though I should stress I haven't watched it all the way through yet. But worth a try.

All the best.

Holti

Can confirm, ripping just the main feature in this way works perfectly.

Comment

Anyone figure oiut how to RIP True grit?

Anyone figure out how to rip True grit yet? I just found that verison 4.0.3.2 will open the disc to chapter 12 which is the one that says on dvd player that it is. Although any other veriosns when choosing chapter 12 it locks up, but with this verison it does not do it. Ripping it now showing full movie even credits and all. Just a HEADS UP remember all the other verisons when picking chapter 12 it will not work. This is the only one I found to work.
                          Last edited by superiorventures; 06-07-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Must be different versions of this movie. My copy plays title #18, region 1 disc and Fab 8096 selects #4. Full disc reports 20gb and disables pathplayer automatically. Attached is the info files nobody else posted (if they help for a quick fix).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                              Must be different versions of this movie. My copy plays title #18, region 1 disc and Fab 8096 selects #4. Full disc reports 20gb and disables pathplayer automatically. Attached is the info files nobody else posted (if they help for a quick fix).
                              It's the US verison. If you place it in a DVD player, you will see it choose title 12 and that verison 4.0.3.2 is the only one that again I found to work ripping movie only

Comment

Working...
                              X