PSYCH Season 5 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSYCH Season 5 issues

Been trying since 8092 came out to copy a disc. Every disc dows the same thing...just sits there and scans and scans and scans. The only log I can come up with is below. Tried w/ pathplayer off and on. 8090 works great and I backed up these two titles below but 8092 does not work at all for me...loaded it and re-loaded it several times.

Any help??

Thx

0m 07.11s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 07.23s: Qt Translator file load success
    1m 18.31s: detected dvd
    1m 18.34s: drive J
    1m 18.34s: dvd type 1
    1m 18.34s: volume label PSYCH

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/06/01 18:31:41)

0m 06.75s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 06.91s: Qt Translator file load success
    1m 00.37s: detected dvd
    1m 00.41s: drive E
    1m 00.41s: dvd type 1
    1m 00.41s: volume label DRIVE_ANGRY

PSYCH Season 5 issues

Just bought Psych season 5. Never had issues backing up the other season but for some reason this does not work. This is the info with pathplayer off...it is also the same info with pathplayer on. Brand new discs, just out today. Cleaned it. It always stops at 1.49% and does the whole abort message. I have another post about 8092 not working so please don;t tell me to update from 8085 to that one, already did and 8092 is not working for me at all.

Please help...

Thx

Info for drive [J:\] (DVDFab 8.0.8.5)
    Vendor: SONY
    Product: DVD RW DRU-840A
    Revision: SS01
    Vendor specific: Jul12 ,2007
    Drive region control: RPC II
    Drive region: 1
    User changes left: 4
    Vendor resets left: 4

Disc media: DVD
    Disc type: DVD-Video
    Disc region: 1
    Volume name: PSYCH
    Video standard: NTSC
    Layer 0 size: 2041168 sectors (3986 MBytes)
    Layer 1 size: 2041168 sectors (3986 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
    RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
    Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
    Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
    Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
    Fake vts protection is not found!
    Bad sector protection is not found!
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is disabled.

Comment

More

Here is info with pathplayer on too.....

Info for drive [J:\] (DVDFab 8.0.8.5)
      Vendor: SONY
      Product: DVD RW DRU-840A
      Revision: SS01
      Vendor specific: Jul12 ,2007
      Drive region control: RPC II
      Drive region: 1
      User changes left: 4
      Vendor resets left: 4

Disc media: DVD
      Disc type: DVD-Video
      Disc region: 1
      Volume name: PSYCH
      Video standard: NTSC
      Layer 0 size: 2041168 sectors (3986 MBytes)
      Layer 1 size: 2041168 sectors (3986 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
      RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
      RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
      APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
      UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
      Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
      Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
      Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
      Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
      Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
      Fake vts protection is not found!
      Bad sector protection is not found!
      Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is enabled!
      Unplayable cell is not found.

Comment

An Observation

I have come across a slight problem with the USA Network shows (NBC Universal dvd's) The shows such as In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, Pyych etc....all seem to be harder and harder to back up. I have bought them and the first disc of all the sets have major issues in trying to back up. I cannot even get Psych Disc 1 of season 5 to get past 1.49% after it actually takes forever to load up. I had a similar problem with the first disc of In Plain Sight Season 3 Disc 1. These are all brand new sets and nothing wrong with the disc. The weird thing is the rest of the disc in the set do not seem to have any issue backing up.....What I am wondering is if anyone else is having any issues with the USA shows?

Just an observation that maybe they are adding stronger programs to prevent backing up....

Thanks

Comment

@kshduckman1170
          Please do not start multiple threads with same topic/problem. I merged these two threads.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Yes I know...sorry did not mean too. I wrote one and when I submitted it, it did not work or show up so I tried again and it worked then I discovered the first one was there...my bad.

Comment

Which copy mode are you using on these discs?
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Both main movie and whole disc..both stopped at or around 1.49% and gave the error message of ignore, abort etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
                  Both main movie and whole disc..both stopped at or around 1.49% and gave the error message of ignore, abort etc.....
                  This indicates that you have bad disc on your hands - bad press, manufacturing defect.
                  Don't tell me that it plays perfectly in DVD player, it doesn't matter. DVD players have great tolerance and skip bad sectors easily; DVDFab however, requires high level of accuracy and precision to produce quality copy.
                  My suggestion is to take your disc(s) back to the counter for an exchange.
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I understand about the bad sectors and that even though it is brand new set I just bought it could be the disc itself.....

I just ran it again for maybe the 5th or 6th time. I would run it and it would get to the same point and stop backing it up. I would re-boot computer get into dvdfab and try again with same results. This last time it seemed to finally work through it. It is like it is fighting it the whole way, if that makes sense. You can almost hear the disc struggling in the computer and it took a little bit longer then a normal back up but it appears to have worked, weirdly. I have not double checked that but will see.

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
                      I understand about the bad sectors and that even though it is brand new set I just bought it could be the disc itself.....

I just ran it again for maybe the 5th or 6th time. I would run it and it would get to the same point and stop backing it up. I would re-boot computer get into dvdfab and try again with same results. This last time it seemed to finally work through it. It is like it is fighting it the whole way, if that makes sense. You can almost hear the disc struggling in the computer and it took a little bit longer then a normal back up but it appears to have worked, weirdly. I have not double checked that but will see.
                      That's exactly it!!! Badly pressed disc. It came out of manufacturer like that. It's not a scratch or dirt... You can search this forum for it and see how many times this issue were discussed. And yes, defect usually discovered just when you pulling disc out of box for the first time
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok back to this now. I have returned Pysch three times and the same disc every time will not back up no matter what I do. So it cannot be that I just happened to get the sets that I cannot back up certain discs...it is always the same one. I can back up disc 2 and 4 but 1 and 3 will not. I sent the logs previously so they are the same. Just really weird that exchanging them and same thing happens

Comment

Working...
                        X