This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What To Do About Region Coding

Hello I am new here to DVDFab and was wondering about why when I selected in options under DVD-DVD Protection I selected Remove RC because the DVD I have is a Region 4 PAL disc. When I burned the disc onto a DL-DVD it should have removed the region coding, but when I put it in my DVD player it said "CANNOT PLAY DISC" but when I put it in my Region Free DVD player it started right away. Is it because it's in PAL not NTSC or is it to do with the Bought DVD itself. Here is what my File Says...

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 6.0.6.8)
    Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
    Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    Volume name: JANE_AND_THE_DRAGON_DISC2
    Video standard: PAL
    Layer 0 size: 2017248 sectors (3939 MBytes)
    Layer 1 size: 2017248 sectors (3939 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
    RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection is removed!
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
    Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
    Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
    Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
    Fake vts protection is not found!
    Bad sector protection is not found!
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is disabled.

Any Help with this Thanks!

This sounds more like a problem of the first player not being able to read the disk properly as I presume the info that you posted clearly indicates that RC is "Region-Free"

Have you tried it with any other backups and what media are you using for the backup?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Nope I haven't but on another forum on DVDFab it says that you can only remove region coding and that it will not convert PAL to NTSC, then it suggested I use a couple programs together to convert it. I am using TDK DVD-R DL to copy a season set from Australia that is Region 4 and PAL. It plays OK in my region free NTSC/PAL Free Player but not in my Sony DVD Recorder/Player as it won't read the disc. All I want to know is what to use to convert PAL to NTSC? any suggestions or others that are trying to do this. Thanks again

Comment

You are correct. Fab will not convert PAL to NTSC. Really have never had to do it as I'm in OZ and all my equipment is multisystem.

Maybe someone else can help with the conversion....Sorry, I can't and that process is really not a topic for a DVD Fab forum.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

VSO software is the company which makes the VSO Burning engine included with the installation of DVDFab. VSO has a program which can convert the PAL to NTSC.

ConvertXtoDVD, as much as i would like to help i am unfamiliar with the program.
          Editing software, video burning, DVD, Bluray, WebM,... and video downloading from the internet. Custom your own videos menu!

vso software does have its own forum which i am sure you would find helpful for your conversion needs.

Comment

ConvertX works well for this, I have it and have used it a couple of times. You have to run it from a VIDEO_TS folder that you have decrypted first with DVDFab. It will also do NTSC->PAL. I used it to make a PAL DVD test file for use in troubleshooting Mobile conversions. Note: it is not free.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X