This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant copy Star Trek

Had problems with Star Trek can anyone give me tips on how to copy this movie?

Before anyone can help the members of this forum need more info, read the Help Us Help You document and post the needed info. (link is in my sig)

Comment

Try using the full disc setting in the main screen and go into your settings and ensure that pathfinder is enabled.
      This allowed me to make a perfect back up copy.

Comment

And make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Fab which is 6.2.0.5 from the links in this forum.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I posted a thread this morning on issues copying Star Trek and got some great tips that helped me get my issues worked out. First, make sure you have the most current version, DVDFab 6 v6.2.0.5 (11/11/09 update) and also ensure that your "PathPlayer" is always enabled.

It may not be the same fix for your issue, whatever it is, but I know it fixed my problem.

Comment

I had to disable PathPlayer to get it to read the disc, now to see if it will copy.

Comment

With PathPlayer disabled it would finally read the disc, I then had to click ignore all for the read error mesage that poped up.

And if your using image burn like told around here, it will not create an ISO file like it usually does.

It says it making an ISO but you end up with a .MDS

So DVDfab won’t be able to burn it, even though it uses imagburn.

You need to open Imageburn itself alone to get it to see the .MDS file and then it burns.

So far it seems to have worked fine, except for some bad sound during pre movie intro, but nothing during the movie.

Comment

Are you using the free or registered version? The registered version 6.2.0.2 or higher copies the R1 and R1/4 disc with no problems.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

basic skills to get r' done

I have been using DVDFAB since the beginning. The coders are genuises. However, I think everyone overlooks the easy solutions. I put the dvd in my non-computer dvd player first. I note which chapter the main movie plays in. I then decrypt it and select that chapter. Sony, Disney, and the rest of the corporate world can't fool the non-computer dvd players. They will lose to much money. Hope this helps!

Comment

The only reason that this will happen is if you are trying to save to a FAT formatted drive because FAT formatted drives have a file size limitation of ~4Gb.

Originally posted by gator295 View Post
                    And if your using image burn like told around here, it will not create an ISO file like it usually does.

It says it making an ISO but you end up with a .MDS
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I was able to copy Star Trek 2009 with PP enabled to my hd with no errors. Ensure you are not using the computer when copying and disable your screensaver so it doesn't take processor power away from the copying process, especially if you have a slower processor.

Originally posted by Neogio View Post
                      Had problems with Star Trek can anyone give me tips on how to copy this movie?

Comment

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Comment

star trek

Originally posted by heat305 View Post
                          I was able to copy Star Trek 2009 with PP enabled to my hd with no errors. Ensure you are not using the computer when copying and disable your screensaver so it doesn't take processor power away from the copying process, especially if you have a slower processor.
                          i would like to add one further item > untick read ahead !

Comment

Working...
                          X