8.0.9.2 AND 8.0.9.8 (QT) Won't Run OR uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.9.2 AND 8.0.9.8 (QT) Won't Run OR uninstall

I was running 8.0.8.5 (registered full version) and it was performing nicely.

I installed 8.0.9.2qt. It would not load properly. It loaded as a "process" running in the background (the user interface would not display and the program did not appear in the "applications" window of Task Manager). I tried to uninstall it, and it would not uninstall. I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

Then 8.0.9.8qt came out and I tried installing it. The problems with it were the same as with 8.0.9.2. I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

I have been using DVDFab for several years (since V5), and until these "QT" versions came out I have been extremely happy with it.

My current license expires in about a week, and I would like to get this problem solved before I fork over another fifty bucks.

I have sent this info to tech support, but have as yet gotten no response. Can anyone in this forum help me.

TW

Hey Tomstrong,
    I had a similar problem before when I had an Xp OS on my old system. Same senerio but just different versions. I saved my registration, at the time it was a long long series of numbers and letters, and erased everything with an unistaller program. For some reason, to this day still not sure 100% but there were conflicts caused because parts of one program I erased was still left in the PC registry and conflicted with the newer version.

hope that helps

rip

Comment

Originally posted by tomstrong View Post

I was running 8.0.8.5 (registered full version) and it was performing nicely.

I installed 8.0.9.2qt. It would not load properly. It loaded as a "process" running in the background (the user interface would not display and the program did not appear in the "applications" window of Task Manager). I tried to uninstall it, and it would not uninstall. I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

Then 8.0.9.8qt came out and I tried installing it. The problems with it were the same as with 8.0.9.2. I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

I have been using DVDFab for several years (since V5), and until these "QT" versions came out I have been extremely happy with it.

My current license expires in about a week, and I would like to get this problem solved before I fork over another fifty bucks.

I have sent this info to tech support, but have as yet gotten no response. Can anyone in this forum help me.

TW
      There are several threads and many post about problems with the QT versions and those using Win XP pro sp3.

No fix has been made and there are post stating the developers can not duplicate or find the problem.

Not all XP users have the problems but many do.

Comment

RESOLVED

I feel like an idiot for having ignored the most reasonable advice offered in this forum -- UPDATE YOUR nVidia DRIVERS. I updated to the very latest driver (from nVidia) and 9.0.9.8qt installed correctly and works flawless.

I am replying because I couldn't edit my original post.

Thanks to those of you who offered your help!

Display Adapter: nVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce430
        Old Driver 175.??
        New Driver 275.33

TW
        Last edited by tomstrong; 06-10-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

tomstrong, glad this worked for you and thanks for providing the feedback, hope it will help other users with this problem.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

RESOLVED

I feel like an idiot for having ignored the most reasonable advice offered in this forum -- UPDATE YOUR nVidia DRIVERS. I updated to the very latest driver (from nVidia) and 9.0.9.8qt installed correctly and works flawless.

I am replying because I couldn't edit my original post.

Thanks to those of you who offered your help!

Display Adapter: nVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce430
            Old Driver 175.??
            New Driver 275.33

TW
            Glad that worked.

I was begining to think that I was the only one that found that by updating the Nvidia drivers solved my issue with the QT versions.

I already had the newest driver at the time but reinstalled it anyway and that fixed it for me.

Are you also using Ntune/Nvidia System Tools and updated that as well or just the drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankster91 View Post
              Glad that worked.

I was begining to think that I was the only one that found that by updating the Nvidia drivers solved my issue with the QT versions.

I already had the newest driver at the time but reinstalled it anyway and that fixed it for me.

Are you also using Ntune/Nvidia System Tools and updated that as well or just the drivers?
              Just the Drivers

Comment

Just the Drivers
                Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X