DVD Merge issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Merge issue

I'm in the process of converting my movie collection to digital.
    (which is nearly done.)

I have the lord of the rings extended editions (2 dics) trilogy
    Each disc is dvd9 files size.

I rip each disk (main movie ), as a ISO file.
    Then I merge them into a final dvd9 format ( I wan't them to be AVI or some such)...

But what I discovered it really doesn't merge them. It appears to just create a chapter.
    Disc 1 is to chapter 28 and disc2 is to chapter 22.

When I load my final "merged" ISO, there are two entries.
    How can I combine them into one so I can save them as AVI or somesuch?

Thank you,
    Brett

You cannot with Fab, unfortunately.......

Originally posted by flir48 View Post
    I'm in the process of converting my movie collection to digital.
    (which is nearly done.)

I have the lord of the rings extended editions (2 dics) trilogy
    Each disc is dvd9 files size.

I rip each disk (main movie ), as a ISO file.
    Then I merge them into a final dvd9 format ( I wan't them to be AVI or some such)...

But what I discovered it really doesn't merge them. It appears to just create a chapter.
    Disc 1 is to chapter 28 and disc2 is to chapter 22.

When I load my final "merged" ISO, there are two entries.
    How can I combine them into one so I can save them as AVI or somesuch?

Thank you,
    Brett
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi flir48
      Please update to the latest version found here Latest Version
      I am doing some tests on my machine to see if I can help you achieve your goals and will post back with my results when done.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Trust me CBR, it still maintains them as two titles...

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi flir48
        Please update to the latest version found here Latest Version
        I am doing some tests on my machine to see if I can help you achieve your goals and will post back with my results when done.
        CBR929
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here is an old thread with a similar discussion and perhaps a solution.

Comment

A new "seamless" merge is on the drawing boards, it will have only a single title. Hopefully not too long in coming.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi flir48
              I am not sure if this is what you want but, what I have done is create two ISO images of Transformers1&2, then made another ISO image of those two movies into 1 large ISO file.

The only difference may be that I used ImgBurn as my burn engine to create the first two image files along with Fab, then used ImgBurn by itself to create the merge of the two files.

I played the finished ISO file and at the end of the first movie the second movie played right after it.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Trust me CBR, it still maintains them as two titles...
              You mat be right, I am not sure if this is what the OP wanted.

CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Nope, he wanted them merged as one title to then convert into one AVI.

If you open the ISO you created with your merge, you will see two titles.

His only option is to obtain freeware that will either join the two AVI's or correctly merge the two titles to a folder/ISO.

It is available!!!

Comment

Still No solution

HI gentlemen...
                  Still no luck on my end.. Thank you for your responses....

Gregiboy... can you name a few for me to google on?
                  Signals......good to hear.. I hope this is very soon...

Currently I have to have two seperate AVI files and in my MCE create a play list that points to those two files.

This works and play back is seamless.. but in total I have 3 icons now in MCE...1 for the folder where the playlist exists and the two others that represent the actual AVI files...

This makes the interface in MCE real messy looking... (3 icons for one movie instead of just the one).
                  Hence the request to merge avi files into one......

<how to create a playlist>
                  Using notepad.. create a whatever.wvx file and format similar to this...
                  <ASX version = "3.0">
                  <Title>Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring</Title>
                  <Entry>
                  <Ref href="\\Home-Server\DVD\MulitDiscs\LOTR1\LOTRFellowship1.avi"/>
                  </Entry>
                  <Entry>
                  <Ref href="\\Home-Server\DVD\MulitDiscs\LOTR1\LOTRFellowship2.avi"/>
                  </Entry>
                  </ASX>

Save it in a folder of your choice along with folder.jpg.
                  Just make sure your to avi files are viewable from your MCE player or Extender.
                  Last edited by flir48; 06-16-2011, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X