No announcement yet.

Freezing with Pixellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody see anything wrong with these logs?

Comment

I don't see anything in the logs that indicate a problem up to the burner. I would try a lens cleaning disk in the burner, but it may be time to spend $20 on a new burner.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Nordo
        You can also try the Latest Beta Version found here Latest Beta Version and post back if still having problems.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks guys.

Obviously I'll try the beta DVDFab first, as opposed to replacing the burner.

However, I have had this problem off and on over quite a few years (and many versions of DVDFab), but never been able to pin it down.
          I'll also see if there are any new drivers available for my burner before giving up on it.

I've checked all my settings as recommended by DVDFab, but I'll double check again. Last time I checked, I found some settings were not as recommended, which was strange considering I had fine tuned DVDFab and ImgBurn using recommended settings when initally setting them up!!!.

Comment

If you have OPC disabled in ImgBurn, turn it on if your burner supports it. If you haven't done so, play the VIDEO_TS folder with a software player before burning to see if the problem is the creation or the burning. If the video breakup happens is scenes with fast motion, transitions from indoors to out or fast horizontal pans, it could be a playback issue due to the high peak bitrates these types of scenes can produce. Something in the chain can't cope with it. Check the burned discs for errors and burn quality with DVDInfoPro or the Nero tool, again if your drive supports it.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals. I'll try all those ideas and let you know the results.

I checked my burner drivers, etc last night. Sony recommend using Windows drivers, but advises keeping the firmware up to date as well as the M/B's chipset drivers. My burner already had the current firmware, but I did update the chipset drivers (not too sure if I had the current versions or not).

I'll find out how to clean the lens.

Signals-
              How can I check if my burner (Optiarc AD-7240S) supports OPC? I checked Sony's website, but there was no mention of OPC.
              From memory the freezing doesn't happen at fast moving scenes. However, it usually happens about 60 to 80% through the main movie, right at the most critical part of the movie!!!!!

Comment

Nordo
                If it happens 60-80% through a movie on a DL disc, you may be burning too fast or have poor firmware support for the blank discs you're using in your drive. These points are near the edge of the disc on DVD9s and are the spot where problems like this are most likely. If the playback laser has trouble refocusing at the layer break (same area on DLs) it can also cause freezes/dropped frames when it happens.

I am not sure if your drive supports OPC or not, but if you have the option selected in ImgBurn and the logs say "OPC: No" then I would suspect that it does not. The power calibration can allow ImgBurn to compensate for bad firmware and disc-to-disc variations in reflectivity, which will give you better results, no matter what kind of media you are using. When you replace the drive, check on the replacement to see if it supports it.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Nordo
                  If it happens 60-80% through a movie on a DL disc, you may be burning too fast or have poor firmware support for the blank discs you're using in your drive. These points are near the edge of the disc on DVD9s and are the spot where problems like this are most likely. If the playback laser has trouble refocusing at the layer break (same area on DLs) it can also cause freezes/dropped frames when it happens.

I am not sure if your drive supports OPC or not, but if you have the option selected in ImgBurn and the logs say "OPC: No" then I would suspect that it does not. The power calibration can allow ImgBurn to compensate for bad firmware and disc-to-disc variations in reflectivity, which will give you better results, no matter what kind of media you are using. When you replace the drive, check on the replacement to see if it supports it.
                  If I'm having problems at the original layer change, wouldn't that be a problem with my drive READING the original disc?
                  Most of my ripping and burning is backing up the main movie of a DL disc onto a single layer Taiyo Yuden (TYG03) disc using DVDFab, then ImgBurn (set up for the Taiyo Yuden blanks) and using my Optiarc AD-7240S (sata) for the reader and the burner.
                  ImgBurn was burning at x4, but from earlier advice in this thread, I have now set it to x8. The discs are rated at x16.

I did a repeat burn a few minutes ago with OPC turned on. The ImgBurn log says "OPC:Yes". Haven't had a chance to view the video yet. And I can't remember if the previous backup had freezing or not. (long time ago).

Comment

Just an update.

Since my last post I have backed up 5 or 6 dvds and all play perfectly.
                    I think the main change I have made is to increase my burn speed (with ImgBurn) from 4x to 8x.
                    However, from past experiences, I am not holding my breath, as in the past, the problem has been intermittent.
                    Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                    X