This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek jumping problem

I am using DVDFab 6 and when I download the new star trek movie, on playback, it jumps from a scene in the beginning to one in the middle or end of the movie. How can I fix this problem? I have burned 3 DVD's now and all of them do the same thing. I thought DVDFab 6 would solve it but it did not.

It does the same thing on DVDFab 5

Use latest version (6.2.0.5) and do Full Disc extraction to HD folder first, then playback on softplayer to see if you got rid of the jump before burning another coaster !!!

R1 works perfectly using 6.2.0.5
    Last edited by AlienX69; 11-20-2009, 07:15 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

why softplayer instead of realplayer? Is softplayer better? I will try and let you know how it works. Thanks for your help.

Comment

softplayer just means any DVD Software Player on your puter, .i.e. Power DVD, VCL Media Player, etc. Just a way for you to test before making another coaster

MY method it to ALWAYS make and ISO first and play it before burning. I do this to make sure it plays correctly because I do a secondary edit to the PGC's (program chain) using PgcEdit (DVD editing tool).

Question: You are using a licensed version of DVDFab right ? See RED link in my sig

PS: Welcome to the forum
        Last edited by AlienX69; 11-20-2009, 07:56 PM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I am not using the registered version. Does that make much difference? I can register it if it does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by dentum2 View Post
            I am not using the registered version. Does that make much difference? I can register it if it does make a difference.
            Yes. The free version does not include removal of the new protections as found on Transformers 2, Star Trek XI, etc.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So you are saying that if I get the registgered version of DVDfab 6 that I will be able to copy the new star trek by just using doing main movie only so I can then shrink it to fit on 4.7 using DVD shrink?

Comment

That is correct.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So you are saying that if I get the registgered version of DVDfab 6 that I will be able to copy the new star trek by just using doing main movie only so I can then shrink it to fit on 4.7 using DVD shrink?
                  Actually if you have the paid version there is no need to use DVDshrink anymore as DVDFab is an all-In-One program that copies and burns the movie for you

Comment

Does the paid version of DVDfab also shrink the movies so they fit on my 4.7 discs. That is the reason I use shrink. I used the unpaid version of DVDfab and did the full movie and it worked fine, but dvd shrink would not make it small enough to fit on my 4.7. Even after I removed everything except the 6.1 sound in english it was still a hair over 5GB. I think it was because the sound was 1.7GB of the total

Comment

As AGJ said, the retail app will do it all.
                      Keep in mind that you can overly-shrink files to the point where the quality becomes marginalized. This, of course, depends on many factors...a big one being the bitrate of the original video

//Edit
                      Keep in mind that the sound track(s) are non-compressible.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

So were is the correct part of the forum to get my question answered, since you have not responded to my last question?

Comment

Does the paid version of DVDfab also shrink the movies so they fit on my 4.7 discs. That is the reason I use shrink. I used the unpaid version of DVDfab and did the full movie and it worked fine, but dvd shrink would not make it small enough to fit on my 4.7. Even after I removed everything except the 6.1 sound in english it was still a hair over 5GB. I think it was because the sound was 1.7GB of the total
                          Yes the paid version will shrink it down to a single layer disc.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                          Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

I can verify that.

I thought I would need a DL disc to do a full backup of ST but when I put in the disc for imgburn to burn it, it gave a friendly message saying that a regualr disc would be fine.

And it sure did get everything fit onto a reg DVD and looks sharp n crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                              Actually if you have the paid version there is no need to use DVDshrink anymore as DVDFab is an all-In-One program that copies and burns the movie for you
                              Originally posted by maineman View Post
                              As AGJ said, the retail app will do it all.
                              Keep in mind that you can overly-shrink files to the point where the quality becomes marginalized. This, of course, depends on many factors...a big one being the bitrate of the original video

//Edit
                              Keep in mind that the sound track(s) are non-compressible.

So were is the correct part of the forum to get my question answered, since you have not responded to my last question?
                              I already said in post # 9 before you even asked your question and if you read what I just quoted you would have known before posting your last question

Comment

Working...
                              X