HD Decrypter for FAb 8 qt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD Decrypter for FAb 8 qt

I tried to copy DVD to DVD for the first time in a while. When I tried to set it to 5 rather than 9 to fit on a regular CD a message popped up that my HD Decrypter had expired and that I needed to pay for a renewal. I followed the link and found all kinds of options for complete plans which cost way too much for me. Then I found a free DVD decrypter and thought I could try that but when I try to use it I get an error message and it doesn't work. What is it that I need to order to continue using DVDFab without spending a fortune?

Hi joyceww
    I believe that you will not be able to select DVD5 as output if, the source will need compression.
    With the free HD Decrypter you can not compress, burn to disc.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks I guessed that was the case. But I still don't know how to wade through all the DVDFab products to find how to renew my membership or purchase whatever is needed to continue using it at a reasonable price. Sorry I have found DVD Fab easy to use for the last year but I am not very savvy about how it works or the terminology.

Comment

Hi joyceww
        You could use Fab and save the movie to your HDD, then use DVD Shrink to compress it, and finally ImgBurn to burn to Disc, but it takes three steps and a little learning curve to learn the other products.
        If you only use Fab for DVDs you could just purchase the DVD Copy function and eliminate having to use three softwares to achieve your goals.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks CBR929. I downloaded the DVD copy. I would have preferred a choice of a one year subscription rather than two. But I will try the free trial tomorrow and if it works OK I will purchase it.

Comment

Hi joyceww
            There is an option for 1 year with the drop down box to the right, I have lifetime as I was moving away from another software which did not work.
            Be sure to use the 20% of coupon to the right on the main order screen and if you purchase lifetime, the total will be $60.48 USD
            Hope this helps
            CBR929

Comment

It's still not working

I downloaded the DVD Copy last night. From the description it should work. It downloads as DVDFab8.1.05 QT (I think my previous version was just 8 QT). Anyhow when I tried to use it for 5 instead of 9 I still get the message saying The "HD Decrypter" function is expired. Please buy or renew it at the www.dvdfab.com

I downloaded the free trial and wanted to try it before buying. Perhaps if one is not a new user the free trials don't work??? I just hate to pay for something that I don't know will work.

Comment

You may have aleady used up the trial without knowing it. This works for tens of thousands of users around the world, there is no reason it will not work for you.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks

I found all the Fab products kind of confusing but I guess I used up my free trial a year or so ago before I paid for a year. So I did purchase the DVD Copy and it works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by joyceww View Post
                    I found all the Fab products kind of confusing but I guess I used up my free trial a year or so ago before I paid for a year. So I did purchase the DVD Copy and it works just fine.
                    Hi joyceww
                    Happy to hear that you have joined the Fab family, and everything is working for you.
                    CBR929

Comment

Working...
                    X