This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backing up star trek

i am having difficulty backing up my copy of star trek (the most recent movie)

-it takes a very long time to open the source
    -if i choose the full dvd it apparently reduces the size of the dvd to 27%-
    i am not sure how this dvd can be stated to be >27GB. most of my backups are for childrens dvd ie dora which full disc is always 8-9GB
    -if i choose the main movie there are so many versions of the movie at different lengths i am not sure which should be chosen. the longest version is 240 secs, about 14 sec longer than the stated length on the box cover. different versions are missing different portions of the movie then sometimes the back-up fails and the program becomes non-responding

i am using -v 6.1.2 purchased
    -path player enabled
    -windows xp
    -the disc is not bluray

Leave pathplayer set to always enabled just update your fab..

Dear all,

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 is out (November 11, 2009):

Comment

Originally posted by denarfra View Post
      i am having difficulty backing up my copy of star trek (the most recent movie)

-it takes a very long time to open the source
      -if i choose the full dvd it apparently reduces the size of the dvd to 27%-
      i am not sure how this dvd can be stated to be >27GB. most of my backups are for childrens dvd ie dora which full disc is always 8-9GB
      -if i choose the main movie there are so many versions of the movie at different lengths i am not sure which should be chosen. the longest version is 240 secs, about 14 sec longer than the stated length on the box cover. different versions are missing different portions of the movie then sometimes the back-up fails and the program becomes non-responding

i am using -v 6.1.2 purchased
      -path player enabled
      -windows xp
      -the disc is not bluray
      Do what big_moviefreak said to do below as the newest paid release can do this movie with the settings he mentioned

Originally posted by big_moviefreak View Post
      Leave pathplayer set to always enabled just update your fab..

Dear all,

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 is out (November 11, 2009):

Comment

I have the same problem with the new Star Trek. I have been using DVD FAB for a couple years now with no problem. When I download and use 6.2.0.5 it reboots my computer. I have Windows XP professional. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Try starting 6.2.0.5 and before you put a disk in, make sure Pathplayer is enabled.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Not working I'm afraid. Purchased the complete 6.2.05 yesterday. I have pathplayer always enabled, everytime I try a backup, it seems to rip ok and then I get:

"Failed to Burn DVD - Do you want to try again".

After trying this repeatedly, if I press 'No', the DVD Fab GUI shows "error=105".

Would be extremely grateful for a resolution. I'm running Vista 64.

Mike
            Last edited by MikeH; 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM. Reason: extra info

Comment

MikeH- you need to down load and install IMGBURN and setup dvdfab to automatically burn with IMGBURN.

Also be sure your burn speed is not two high suggest half the recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Not working I'm afraid. Purchased the complete 6.2.05 yesterday. I have pathplayer always enabled, everytime I try a backup, it seems to rip ok and then I get:

"Failed to Burn DVD - Do you want to try again".

After trying this repeatedly, if I press 'No', the DVD Fab GUI shows "error=105".

Would be extremely grateful for a resolution. I'm running Vista 64.

Mike
                This code (if it shows during "Task 2") means that the files were too large for the blank media. Not sure why you are seeing this, but check your settings. I agree that ImgBurn would be a good thing to try.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X