Won't install on XP SP3 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't install on XP SP3 again

Installed the new beta 8115QT on XP sp3 and it is not opening. It installs fine but when the program goes to open, it goes to the send crash report screen. I tried to downgrade back to 8112QT and it will not work now.

I sent the crash reports but I guess I will try doing a clean install and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then I'll do another clean install but use 8112QT for I know it did work before 8115QT changed something.

I noticed the file size on this beta is smaller than the previous versions since 8.0.9.2 .........

I have not installed this new bet a yet......
    "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

The correct size for the installer is 18,452,800 bytes. The MD5 checksum is 2e64188bc0a02919ee6fa541c44390cc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Came up 17.5 MB's for me so i will download it again.....

Edit:

I just DL'd it again with same file size and MD5 for me is 34 fc 11 c8 c6 25 42 6f b8 13 fa 9f 25 c5 d2 cc

I used 2 diff checksum apps and both give me the same checksum........

So i guess something is wrong on my end? I used this link http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA
        Last edited by Bob; 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM.
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

I have downloaded 3 times and the file size and the checksum do not match. This is the checksum that it keeps giving me.
          34fc11c8c625426fb813fa9f25c5d2cc and a file size of 17.6 MB (18,456,144 bytes)
          Last edited by Frankster91; 08-26-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I get a different size now than when I DL earlier. I will ask someone to check it when the office opens in a few hours. Sometimes there are last minute changes after a release, but I don't suspect that here.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Frankster91 View Post
              I have downloaded 3 times and the file size and the checksum do not match.
              Do not match what? Mine or Bob's, or any of your three downloads?

Please check the actual file size using File->Properties from the explorer context menu (right click the installer file) and report it here. Thanks.

Comment

18,046 kbs = 17.6 mbs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                Last edited by Chameleon; 08-26-2011, 11:19 PM.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  18,046 kbs = 17.6 mbs
                  Exactly.
                  I got exactly the same results as signals in post #3.

The installer is 18,452,800 bytes (or 17.6 MB) which happens to be smaller than recent installers which have been 18.6 MB.

The MD5 checksum is 2e64188bc0a02919ee6fa541c44390cc

I downloaded this installer at 9:02 AM EDT

I haven't done much with it, but it appears to be behaving.
                  Now ripping Priest, BD to standard dvd9.
                  FPS is about 48, total rip/conversion time about 42 minutes

I think Bob found his zigzags...
                  Just kidding Bob
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Do not match what? Mine or Bob's, or any of your three downloads?

Please check the actual file size using File->Properties from the explorer context menu (right click the installer file) and report it here. Thanks.
                    They dont match what you said it should be. All downloads have the same checksum but do not match what you said it should be nor the file size..

Furthermore the program will not uninstall. It loops with a window saying that it did not open properly and click no if I did update my video card drivers or yes if I have not.

Trying to downgrade to a previous version that worked before will not work now.

After spending much time using Revo and CCleaner and then deleting prefetch and reg entries, I was able to get 8112 installed and working again.

I think I will leave 8115 alone because it did wreak havoc on my system. I have not tried it on my Win 7 boxes, Vista or my other XP sp3 boxes.

Until the file size and checksum match as to what you say they should be or another beta comes out, I'll just wait.

Comment

Did you check them in byte format with File->Properties?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Did you check them in byte format with File->Properties?
                        Yeppers, as i stated in post #5. I've downloaded it 5 more times and the size is always the same for me and not the same as you have stated it should be.

Comment

They may have done an invisible update. I'll be able to check in about an hour.

Comment

I just did a fresh download and it is still the same as this morning .

17.6 mb

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                              I just did a fresh download and it is still the same as this morning .

17.6 mb
                              the ones I have downloaded are 17.6 mb but byte size does not match what is being stated that it should be.The checksum doesn't match as well as to what it is being stated to be.
                              Last edited by Frankster91; 08-27-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X