Thor R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor R1

(R1 release date is 9/13/11) could not back up entire disk. Size came up as 21gb. Could do main movie (although DVD player showed Title 10, FAB came up with Title 2).
    Title 2 burned and played fine.

Thor R1

Originally posted by Miami View Post
    (R1 release date is 9/13/11) could not back up entire disk. Size came up as 21gb. Could do main movie (although DVD player showed Title 10, FAB came up with Title 2).
    Title 2 burned and played fine.
    Forgot to mention that I did send a report in with the logs right before I posted the message

Comment

There is a batch of bad pressed disc. You can check with nero speed cd or VSO inspector

Comment

A work around to get a good rip of Thor.

First.. There are 33 titles on the disc.
        There are 648 unplayable sectors on the disc.
        Title 2 is the correct title for my region but may vary in other regions.

After several hours of experimenting the following is the only way I could get a good copy.

R1/R4.
        Movie only.
        Pathplayer always enabled.

Place the disc in your drive and play the movie for several minutes.
        Failure to play the movie first will result in Fab crashing after opening the disc if it ever opens.

Open DVDFAB V 8117 and relax because it will take 10 minutes or more to open the disc.

When open make sure title 2 is selected.
        Took 9 min 55 seconds to rip to a hard drive and is a flawless copy.

Comment

This may work for SATA drives, but IDE drives may go into PIO mode during the scan disc phase and will not copy as fast as Gruñón's did if at all. Still worth a try, and thanks to Gruñón for the workaround.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            This may work for SATA drives, but IDE drives may go into PIO mode during the scan disc phase and will not copy as fast as Gruñón's did if at all. Still worth a try, and thanks to Gruñón for the workaround.
            I did not think of the IDE drive as mine are Sata so it could be a problem.

Also if you have one of the many bad pressing that have been released then all bets are off.

Comment

I have tried that too, and have had no success, also Title 2 didn't work, all the chapters were mixed up.

Comment

Working...
              X