This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else can DVDfab do?

I wonder about ya know how some DVDs will not allow skipping around, you can only do FW or RW?

Like playging a DVD with powerDVD and clicking on the slide bar to skip around.

Some movies block that and other stuff.

This is controlled by UOP's or User Operation Prohibitions and these are inserted when the DVD is authored.

Fab can TOTALLY remove these. Just go to "Settings"->"Protection"->"DVD" and set Fab to remove them all.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I checked and all that stuff is checked but its not working.
      Why I asked, I hate that stuff.

Comment

Rip a DVD to your HDD and check it with PowerDVD.

If you can jump around OK in PowerDVD, it must be a limitation of your set top DVD player.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thats what Im checking it with, on the PC with powerDVD; and it won't let me.
          Its all locked up like the original.

Comment

Its almost like a cloned copy but Im not doign that, Im using full movie backup.

Would main movie make any difference?

Runnin paid for 6205

Comment

Hmmm...

I just checked 4 rips that I did with both Nero Showtime and VLC and I'm able to jump between menus, jump the startup warning, etc.

Is that what you are meaning?

Are you opening the folder with PowerDVD or just the VOB files?

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Hmmm...

I just checked 4 rips that I did with both Nero Showtime and VLC and I'm able to jump between menus, jump the startup warning, etc.

Is that what you are meaning?

Are you opening the folder with PowerDVD or just the VOB files?
                I am making a full back up to HD with DVDFab, it does it thing them ImgBurn makes a MDS file, I then load the MDS file into ImgBurn and burn it to a DVD disc.

I then test playback on the same computer using PowerDVD

And Im talking about clicking on the nav bar to jump around the movie.
                But yes those others bug me too.

Comment

Well, it works fine for me using Nero Showtime. Have a look at the pix below.

Comment

Originally posted by gator295 View Post
                    Thats what Im checking it with, on the PC with powerDVD; and it won't let me.
                    Its all locked up like the original.
                    it locks up like the original well all I can say is if original does it then it a bad disc and DVDFab can not fix that no matter how much you try. DVDFab will do the original movie exactly how it plays and that why you have this problem with the file on HDD

Comment

See post #2

"This is controlled by UOP's or User Operation Prohibitions and these are inserted when the DVD is authored.

Fab can TOTALLY remove these. Just go to "Settings"->"Protection"->"DVD" and set Fab to remove them all."

So again why can't fab remove these when I make a back up copy with all said setting checked???

And how can the original be bad? Its not a copy, a store bought original DVD I own with the usualy protections. That DVDFab can't remove from this disc for some reason.

Sounds like your all goin in circles rather then admit fab coders must have missed a UOP protection of some type if I can't make a full back up of a store bought DVD and have those UOP things removed as stated by GregiBoy in post #2???

Getting frustrating as you all say oh just buy it and the paid version will do everything you need Plus more, well I paid and Im still having troubles with it.

Comment

No, I am not going around in circles.

1. I have played my rips to HDD with both Nero Showtime and VLC.
                        2. I can freely navigate and use the time slider with both software players.

Either you are doing something wrong or your software player just can't cut the mustard.

Comment

It has nothing to do with powder DVD as other DVDs with out all the UOP protection work how they should.

Making copies of them work how they should also.

But DVDFab will not remove the UOP stuff even though those options are checked to be removed in the setting.

Doesn’t matter what they are played on the UOP functions are still there; DVDfab is not removing them as stated in this thread.

Is it because I only paid for DVD2DVD, I didn’t need a license for all that other junk as I don’t use it.

Comment

Rubbish !!!

Others and I have tested this innumerable times with various software players (but not PowerDVD)

Either you are not describing the problem clearly enough or does it occur only with a specific DVD?

And no, it would not be because you only paid for DVD to DVD.

Comment

enough

This thread has lost all focus and has gone on too long. It is now closed. The last two posts from KeNZoNR1 and Gregiboy concerning UOP in a Swedish disc have been moved to a new thread here.

If the original or other posters still have problems or questions, please start a new thread .
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X