Subtitle not showing...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle not showing...?

I don't know if it is technically the subtitle, but for example in the movie XMen: First Class, there are a number of scenes where they speak in a different language like German (first scene with young Eric and the crazy Nazi played by Kevin Bacon).

If I play the DVD directly uisng VLC, there are subtitles (though the subtitle option is off) when they are speaking in German.

After I rip it movie does not display any text when they are speaking a foreign language.

What am I missing? I have all English related options selected when I ripped it in "Main Movie" mode.

I have at least one other movie that is like this (though I can't remember the name right off), but the text was missing. I thought it was due to deselecting one of the subtitle tracks.

Thanks!!

I've attached screen shots of the first DVD Copy screen as well as a shot of the same scene directly from the DVD and one playing from the ripped version missing the text.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PredatorVI; 09-18-2011, 03:32 AM.

Hi PredatorVI,

Please upgrade to the latest version DVDFab 8120 Qt at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB to copy this movie again.

Sincerely,
    ----
    sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
      Hi PredatorVI,

Please upgrade to the latest version DVDFab 8120 Qt at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB to copy this movie again.

Sincerely,
      ----
      sunny
      Hello, I too have the same problem with subtitles with XMEN First class. I'm doing blu ray to Mobile (IPAD). There are 3 different options for subpicture (remux into file, direct render to video and extract to ids/sub file). I tried the first 2 and selected display only forced subpicture and I don't see the subtitles. Please help.

Comment

8.1.2.0 didn't work as far as fixing the subtitle thing. If I enable subtitles through the player menu, they show up for the entire movie, but I would imagine those are different beasts.

I didn't see a newer beta version beyond 8.1.2.0.

Let me know what I can try next.

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi PredatorVI and akadennis,
          You ripper the main movie to a video, I suppose you select "extract to idx/sub file" option for subtitle in Conversion Settings, if yes, you need to open the idx/sub files manual in VLC.
          Hope this help you!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm using the DVD Copy "Main Movie" mode and ripping/copying to VIDEO_TS/*.VOB structure and there is not a Conversion settings dialog for that mode that I can see/find.

I only used VLC to get screen shots. For the most part I am playing back the VIDEO_TS/*.VOB file structure using a SageTV HD300 extender connecting to a SageTV server.

Am I missing something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi PredatorVI and akadennis,
              You ripper the main movie to a video, I suppose you select "extract to idx/sub file" option for subtitle in Conversion Settings, if yes, you need to open the idx/sub files manual in VLC.
              Hope this help you!

Wilson
              Actually I did not use that option. I'm trying to create an IPAD version and I used both remux into file, direct render to video and they both gave me the same results (no subtitles)

Comment

The Blu-ray for X-Men has forced subs for the translations, but they are not in the main stream, they are by themselves in the lower english stream. I do not have the DVD, but it may be authored the same way. If so, you do not need to use the Display Only forced.... option, just include the lower english subpic stream and select Direct Render to video if using the Ripper module. If copying using the DVD Copy module, you may need to include the lower english subpic stream, but they should play automatically if your player knows how to deal with forced subs.

They will not be present in the VOB or display automatically if you are using VOB Passthrough, they will be sub/idx only.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you do the main movie only with X-men First Class the subtitles you are referring to will work on some DVD players and not on others. I know, because I have three players and they don't work on two of them. However, the solution is simple, just set your subtitles (on the player) to English 2 and they will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X