setup hangs - no response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setup hangs - no response

I tried to install the new version 8.1.2.0 from 8.1.1.9, and the setup program freezes when it gets started. I have to use task manager to shut it down. Any clues?

Try this. Uninstall 8119. Run a good registry cleaner, I use ccleaner and esuing both. You may also want to defrag your hard drive. Reboot. Now install the next version of QT. See if this helps. Also you can make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. This one got me when I went to QT versions.

Comment

Originally posted by vgoral View Post
      I tried to install the new version 8.1.2.0 from 8.1.1.9, and the setup program freezes when it gets started. I have to use task manager to shut it down. Any clues?
      In addition to the suggestions from HIDEF, make sure to run the installer using the "...As Administrator" option. For some reason the Qt versions seem to be very sensitive to the permission level of the user account that is used for the install.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That seem to do the trick, thanx

Comment

would installing the QT librarys from nokia help with any compatibility? I've tried everything else and gotta wait a few hours for this 300mb library file just to see if it might help.

Comment

Working...
          X