Just downloaded 8.1.2.5 but wont read dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just downloaded 8.1.2.5 but wont read dvd

Just downloaded 8.1.2.5 and it wont scan dvd. I would try to open manually and get a dialog box saying failed to open make sure its playable. I have a older veersion of dvdfab and that works. Can anyone help

dvdfab not reading DVD

I have the same problem. I have tried several different DVDs. My computer reads it just fine. However, DVDFab wont recognize it. Keep saying to insert insert. When I navigate to the folder manually, it says "Fail to open F:\. Please check if playable". I play the DVD just fine. The movies I tried were Bad Boys 2, I-Robot, and Thor.

Comment

The Fab team is on a vacation and should be back on or after the 8th to address these issues.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have the same problem with 8.1.2.5 and 8.1.2.4. I reinstall 8.1.1.9 and works fine...
        Waiting for the solution after the 8th...

8.1.2.3 works fine too...
        Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2011, 07:32 PM. Reason: two post merged

Comment

Same problem

I can't read Kyle xy season 2 disks 1 to 3

Comment

Hi,

Please open Common Settings -> Drivers. Make sure your DVD-ROM is shown and checked in the driver list.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
            Attached Files
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I have ck'd the setting in DVDFab and my drive is shown and checked. However, it still does not scan my DVD. I have uninstall and re-installed after cleaning my registry and all that. It still does not read. I finally install DVDFab 8.1.2.0, and it works just fine.

Comment

Please download 8126 and try again to see the result.

Also please post new internal log, thanks.
                Last edited by fengtao; 10-12-2011, 04:48 PM.
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by bobwyre View Post
                  I can't read Kyle xy season 2 disks 1 to 3
                  I had the same problem in the other thread on this topic and it was fixed when they told me to disable Pathplayer under common settings. For some reason it does not play well with TV series DVD's.

Comment

Same problem here. Wont read my DVD. v.8.2.6 doesn't work either. Disabling path player didn't make a difference. v.8.2.0 was the last version that worked for me

Comment

ive disabled PATHPLAYER too and now its work has its should! thank you vmuch

Comment

Hi bloop,

Please post dvdfab internal log, thanks.

Best Regards,
                        Fengtao
                        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

8.1.2.6 works!!!! Read all my drives! Excellent!

Comment

bloop and others, please try this with the new Beta version, v8.1.2.7 and post the results and the internal log file here if it is still a problem.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

v8.1.2.7 Qt

I have the same problem, it will not read the dvd using windows 7 64bit pro.
                              I have tried all the solutions suggested including running in safe mode to disable as many services as possible. It still gives the same error (make sure disc is playable) version 8.1.2.0 works fine

Comment

Working...
                              X