Conflict with other dvd software on PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflict with other dvd software on PC?

Could anyone tell me if I have other software on my PC that burns CD/DVDs, will that interfere with DVDFab? I am having alot of trouble burning DVDtoDVD on DVDFab. For some strange reason DVDFab will read, but will not write anymore. Maybe this could be the reason, do you think?

Hi,

DVDFab support VSO burner, Image burn and Nero to burn the disc. You could set it in Common Setting -> Write.
    What's the trouble do you have? VSO and Image burn not work for you?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I have always burned with VSO. I have tried IMG and don't like it. VSO has always done a good job for me. The problem I'm having is that when it comes to writing, it only writes. to 0.03%, and that's all. I have tried 2 new DVD burners and still not working. It keeps telling me that it's failed to burn, and would I like to try again. It keeps coming up with Task 2 failed. Error=122 Process failed!
      I have even tried Verbatim with the AZ dye on it, and still nothing burned. What could be the problem? And how do I send you my log files? Thank you..

Comment

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

Either crap media or burning too fast !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The default locations are:
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Just copy and paste the last one or two attempts and post it right here in this thread, but be certain to include all of the burn log(s).
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi Crickkette
            Sorry to here you are still having problems.
            Please Open ImgBurn > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order and post what is listed.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi Crickkette
              Sorry to here you are still having problems.
              Please Open ImgBurn > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order and post what is listed.
              CBR929
              CBR, Thank you for your post, and I don't mean to sound ignorant, but when I open part of IMGBurn up, it won't let me copy and paste that information. When I click on every filter it opens up all the info about that filter, and it's quite a bit. Do you want me to type each and every filter and what it contains here, since I can't copy and paste? Thanks for bearing with me....
              Crickkette

Comment

I am sorry but after I copied it to the clipboard, (wherever that's located in IMGBurn) I couldn't find it to paste it here. Where is it located on IMGBurn, in tools, etc, ????

Comment

There is nothing to find, just put your cursor in the post editing window and press Ctrl-V (paste).
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the great info on how to get it here.

===============================================
                    Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.6.0
                    ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
                    Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
                    Upper Class Filter: ArcCD
                    Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                    Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
                    Lower Class Filter: Afc
                    Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
                    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
                    File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
                    File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
                    Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
                    Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
                    Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
                    Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
                    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
                    File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                    File Description: CD DVD Filter
                    Product Name: CD DVD Filter
                    Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                    Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
                    Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Filter Name: ArcCD
                    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ArcCD.sys
                    File Version: 1, 0, 0, 11 [1.0.0.11]
                    File Description: ArcCD.sys ReadOnly
                    Product Name: ArcSoft UDF Reader
                    Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 11 [1.0.0.11]
                    Company Name: ArcSoft Inc.
                    Copyright: Copyright (C) 2006-2007, ArcSoft, Inc. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
                    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
                    File Version: 3.00.90.2 [3.0.90.2]
                    File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
                    Product Name: PxHelp20
                    Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
                    Company Name: Sonic Solutions
                    Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: Afc
                    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Afc.sys
                    File Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                    File Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                    Product Name: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                    Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                    Company Name: Arcsoft, Inc.
                    Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: imapi
                    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
                    File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
                    File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
                    Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
                    Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
                    Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
                    Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Comment

Crikkette, which version of windows are you using? If it is XP or later, I think I would also remove PxHlp20 and possibly GearASPIWDM in addition to those that Scorpion King listed. You can remove them one at a time, reboot and retry DVDFab if you want to minimize system disruption. As noted, the software that placed these may not work correctly after memoval, but you may not be using it anyway. You can always reinstall.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you, Thank you for all your suggestions and help with this matter, as I truly appreciate all of your input, but I have to share with you the easy solution that I found, and it handled all my problems. I went out and bought a NEW DVD WR, and I have been smiling ever since.
                        I went to Best Buy tonight and thought maybe it just might be my burner itself. When I removed it from the case, the date on it was from 2005/2006, so I believe that I was ready for new hardware to be installed.
                        I have been using it steady now for about 3 hours, and it seems to be burning just fine. As a matter of fact, it burns sooooooooooooo much faster than my old one. I got a LG WR, top speed of 22x, and it's doing the job.
                        Now, one last question, though. I just read your posts about those filters I submitted earlier. Do any of you feel that I still need to remove them, or can I just let them go? I use ITunes quite a bit, so I'd like to keep that one. As for the Arcsoft, I have no idea what that one is. I'd have to do some research on that one. But, if you think that I can just leave them alone for now, I'll do just that.
                        I await your replies, but for now, I'm heading to the nest, and I'll be back here later. Thank you again, and g'night!
                        Crickkette

Comment

Hi Crickkette
                          Glad to hear that you now.
                          Remember not to burn at max speed, 1/2 the rated speed of your disc is suggested.
                          Unless Verbatim changed their MID your logs do not show that you are burning them.
                          Again glad you are burning away.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                          X