Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error=105. But something is screwy here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error=105. But something is screwy here?

I tried to burn a 98 minute movie DVD on a single layer DVD+R. I then got an error=105, ie. need dual layer DVD+R DL. The problem is I don't need a DVD+R DL for a 98 minute standard DVD movie.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nylo

Hi Nylo
    Did you choose DVD 5 or DVD 9 for output size?
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Nylo View Post
      I tried to burn a 98 minute movie DVD on a single layer DVD+R. I then got an error=105, ie. need dual layer DVD+R DL. The problem is I don't need a DVD+R DL for a 98 minute standard DVD movie.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Nylo
      Instead of mentioning 98 min. Tell us how big the move is in GB.
      Full Disc?
      Movie only?
      Quality setting?

See attachments..
      Attached Files

Comment

If I need a DVD+R DL DVDfab always tells me in the beginning. The selector is always on DVD9 whether or not I have a DVDsingle or DVDdual layer loaded. During this ordeal though, I did select DVD5 and got the same results.

I cleared all of the logs out, but will try and to install it again and attach that log. I'm not at my media PC right now.

Thanks,
        Nylo

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi Nylo
        Did you choose DVD 5 or DVD 9 for output size?
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
        CBR929

Comment

All I know is the movie was 98 minutes, wide screen. I think it may be 629.1 MB. Not sure though.

I always burn "Movie Only," kill the sub-pictures, and the foreign languages. No clue about the quality settings.

This is the first time I have had any issues with DVDfab. Interesting though all of this happened with the newest update.

Thanks,
          Nylo

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          Instead of mentioning 98 min. Tell us how big the move is in GB.
          Full Disc?
          Movie only?
          Quality setting?

See attachments..

Comment

No one can help you without the log files. The movie should be more than 629 MB.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This should be pretty easy to track down.
              The VSO error:
              105 HWS_TOOBIG 5 // Files are too big to fit on a DVD+/-R(W)
              is specific in that your ripped files are too large for SL media.

Just look at the file size of the ripped files on your hdd.
              It's likely that you're off by 1 decimal space, ie., the file size is actually 6291 MB.
              The 629.1 MB size doesn't make sense for a typical 90 minute flick.

Either the software is failing to compress adequately despite correct settings or your settings are incorrect.
              It also may be that the update failed to "remember" your previous settings.

Please post your logs, check the hdd file size and your settings and post back.

//Edit
              Geesh, slow again
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

LOL
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Another issue. No log file after a burn. I even re-installed DVDfab v8126, burned again, and still no log files.

When I load a DVD+R DL DVDfab says I don't need a DL disk for this movie.

How do I get my log file back?

Thanks,
                  Nylo

Comment

Solved!

SOLVED!

All I did was completely uninstall DVDfab then installed it again. The last re-instal I just installed over the existing program.

The burn was a success, my log files are back!

Thanks,
                    Nylo

Comment

Working...
                    X