Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default New Qt Version less powerful than older ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default New Qt Version less powerful than older ones?

The DVD 'Just Go with It' canNOT be opened with 8.1.2.6
    With 8.0.7.3 it CAN be opened without any problem

From other comments several users of DVDFab seem to experience problems like this too.

What happens is:
    Open DVD source runs forever ....
    Hit on CANCEL freezes DVDFab

Here is the internal log:

DVDFab 8.1.2.6 (2011/10/26 20:30:50)

0m 00.89s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 01.06s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
    0m 13.74s: detected dvd
    0m 13.83s: drive E
    0m 13.83s: dvd type 1
    0m 13.83s: volume label JUST_GO_WITH_IT
    0m 14.08s: got copyright 1 ed
    0m 15.38s: got udf/iso
    0m 19.22s: got discinfo
    0m 19.22s: pathplayer enabled

Additinal information

The problems seems to be with pathplayer after playing around with the setting:
    Off - the DVD is opened
    On if required - open runs forever
    On - open runs forever

Comment

It is possible that the disc has protection that v8.0.7.3 is overlooking. Try copying it to a folder on your HDD (first with 8073, then with the current version with PathPlayer off) and see if both folders copy and play correctly.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Folders created on HDD with 8.0.7.3 and with 8.1.2.6 (pathplayer off) play correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
          Folders created on HDD with 8.0.7.3 and with 8.1.2.6 (pathplayer off) play correctly.
          I have to add that in 8.0.7.3 pathplayer is on.

So something changed in the Qt version. I did test only two backlevel Qt releases and it is always the same.

Comment

All,
            Please install v8.1.3.0 Beta and try it again. Reset PathPlayer to Always Enable if you changed it.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Less than perfect, just produces an error when installing:
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The program can't start because qtopengl4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
              Deleted the version, reinstalled, same thing

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
                Less than perfect, just produces an error when installing:
                The program can't start because qtopengl4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
                Deleted the version, reinstalled, same thing

+1
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

That dll is not installed on my computer and it works fine. Win7 64 (Pro). What OSs do you have?

Correction: I do have it, never trust windows search, I found it manually. It is required. Install an older Qt version, then reinstall 8130 over it without uninstalling, it should work.

Comment

Mine is XP SP3, haven't tried it on the Win7x64 machine yet?

Update: I just installed it on the Windows 7 x64 machine and all is well. In my case at least it is an XP issue.
                    Last edited by 90312; 10-29-2011, 04:04 AM.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, there will be an update very shortly to correct the install problem.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        All,
                        Please install v8.1.3.0 Beta and try it again. Reset PathPlayer to Always Enable if you changed it.
                        The DVD 'Just Go with It' OPENs with pathplayer ON in Beta 8.1.3.1

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Working...
                        X